PLEASE HELP - "KEEP HIM FLYING POSTER" - AUTHENTIC?

anton67

Hello,

I picked this up with a bunch of other items and I want to know if is is authentic?

I suspect that it is not but before I cut it down and put it in a poster frame I want to make sure.

Thank you in advance.

post-63438-0-65086200-1443136723.jpg

reprint .. the originals will have markings in the margins with date/office that produced them/etc.

also, originals are on matte paper and usually have folds because I believe they were mailed out folded flat.

Ahhh.

I was told that sometimes that stuff was cut off.

But what do I know.

I figured it was a reprint by the paper that was used and how glossy it was but I just wanted to be 100% sure before I stuck it in a poster frame.

Thank you

this is true.. I have had a few where the whole bottom part that said "buy war bonds" or whatever other message was down there was cut off.

so not 100% but the paper is a big giveaway and also the type of printing it looks like laserjet.

reprint .. the originals will have markings in the margins with date/office that produced them/etc.

also, originals are on matte paper and usually have folds because I believe they were mailed out folded flat.

spot-on.......also, the size should be a big indication

Its still going to look nice in a poster frame in my office. :D

Thanks for confirming my suspicions.

I just didn't want to mess with it until I confirmed one way or the other.

• 1 month later...

For the record, most WW2 posters were folded and shipped flat, but I have owned more than a few that were rolled up in their original cardboard tubes.

For the record, most WW2 posters were folded and shipped flat, but I have owned more than a few that were rolled up in their original cardboard tubes.

The vast majority of government posters were indeed machine-folded, whereas most of your privately-printed i.e. GE, Lockheed, General Motors, etc, etc were shipped rolled.