RFX Mk II grenade, Green over yellow, solid bottom, oh, yeah!

BMc

VERY NICE FIND!!!! Genuine RFX frag bodies are like hens teeth. Saw on a post a while back referring to this as the "Holy Grail" of the pineapple world. Looks like this body was possibly repainted as these I THINK would have been post Korean War and probably painted OD top to bttm with the M204 ser. fuse with later style spoon/head, I THINK. I'm not sure about this as there is ZERO info about RFX frags that I've found. I will look later to maybe find some more info from a extensive thread written on RFX grenades in another forum (www.bocn.uk.com) Would sure like to hear thoughts from some other guys too.

Congratulations on the find!

Found it. Too much info to put here. There seems to be 2 sides to this issue. one side is the firm belief that the Richmond Foundry NEVER made a grenade body, other than practice and the....... well, read & dedcide for yourself.

Go to bocn.uk.com, forums, grenades, search forum for 'RFX Richmond Foundry and their Grenades"

sorry link wouldn't post.

OH WOW!

That is the grenade a lot of collectors have been waiting to see! Is that yellow paint under the OD green paint?

Interesting grenade.

Can we see a close up shot of where the fuze screws into the grenade body??

Chris

B

I dont know much about grenades and if or if not RFX made them WW2 era but everything looks right to me.THe finnish of the grenade body and bottom as well as the rusted areas peeking through.Really nice item.