WW2 US Army Division Patch Collection

PoorFarm

Thanks primarily to the knowledgeable folks on this forum including Old Marine who graciously provided me a copy of his pamphlet "US Armed Forces Cloth Shoulders Sleeve Insignia 1940 - 1947", I've been able to assemble this collection on a limited budget. There is a couple of eBay patch of questionable vintage but over all it should display nicely.

post-104648-0-35760900-1408556796.jpg

respectingthesacrifice

Nice collection and great display!

Never heard about the book, do you know where is it possible to find it?

mattsmilitary

You are off to a great start!!! Congrats!!

I have to say I have never used a book so much than I use Dennis' patch guide!!!

josegarcia8578

Thanks primarily to the knowledgeable folks on this forum including Old Marine who graciously provided me a copy of his pamphlet "US Armed Forces Cloth Shoulders Sleeve Insignia 1940 - 1947", I've been able to assemble this collection on a limited budget. There is a couple of eBay patch of questionable vintage but over all it should display nicely.

You are off to a great start!!! Congrats!!

I have to say I have never used a book so much than I use Dennis' patch guide!!!

Anyone know where to get Dennis' patch guide?

Thanks!

-Jose

Larry, that is a great start on you lifetime addiction.........err, umm, I mean collection. You are off to a great start. I am glad to hear that my booklet was helpful to you, thanks for the nice words.

If anyone is interested in a copy of the booklet, just PM me.

• 5 months later...

Here is the finished product. I used a poster frame from Hobby Lobby size (24 x 36), olive green backer board (they will cut it to fit), and a product called Glue Dot (the scrapbooking squares didn't hold.) You can typically find a coupon for 50% off the frame. The whole project was less that $60 which was half the cost of the cheapest framing quote.

post-104648-0-17096000-1422722075.jpg