Need Help with Ribbon ID

hirsca

I'm trying to help a friend go through and identify all of the family military items. Can anyone please tell me what the middle ribbon on the bottom row represents? Thanks, Al.

post-12790-0-59975400-1353009463.jpg

The one to the right is the "United Nations Korea Service Military Ribbon". The one above is the U. S. Korean Service Military Ribbon. The one to the left of the ribbon in question is the "Armed Forces Reserve Ribbon" The one in question I have no idea?

Johnny R. (still researching)

post-8038-0-21706000-1353012430.gif

Hello Everyone,

I believe the ribbon in question is the Chinese Order of the Clound and Banner Sixth Class. The ribbon to the right of it was initially known as the United Nations Service Medal. In 1961 it's name was changed to the United Nations Service Medal for Korea. Hope this helps.

Semper Fi,

Bruce Linz

Thanks for the replies. I knew all of the others but this one stumped me. Now to find out why he got this. No Pacific service in WW2. And weren't the Chinese on the bad guys side during the Korean War? National Chinese award possibly? Also, would it be standard for an officer who started out in the USAAF and later with the USAF wear both the ACM and the AFCM? Thanks again, Al.

These medals were awarded by the Republic of China (ROC) which became Taiwan or Nationalist China in 1949. So they were not issued by the communist government of the People's Republic of China (PRC).

The Air Force Commendation Medal did not come into existence until 1958. Prior to that time Air Force service members were issued the Army Commendation Medal.

These medals were awarded by the Republic of China (ROC) which became Taiwan or Nationalist China in 1949. So they were not issued by the communist government of the People's Republic of China (PRC).

This is the Ribbon that always trips people up. If there is any inkling of CBI service, go to the Cloud and Banner first!