Unknown pouch

hink441

I recently bought these two pouches on E-bay. They were advertised as Vietnam compass pouches. I bought them because I thought they might be older. Are these possibly late WWII, maybe Korea pouches, and are they in fact compass pouches? Thanks for your responses.

B47KzCWkKGrHqUOKkUEyslgtZyeBMrKYCD_3.jpg

B47PUQ2kKGrHqYOKm8E5c5WJYlBMrKZLDyZ_3.jpg

Look like the M56 pattern First Aid/Compass pouch.Have to admit hadnt seen one with the wire hanger before.Any markings under the flap??Two possibilities.Im guessing an early model of the pouch or something made up from an item to be sold surplus.At any rate pretty intresting.

RD

El Bibliotecario

Unless someone had a crystal ball that allowed him to see into 1956 and copy the first aid/compass pouch, I dont think these are WW2 or Korean war. Like the previous correspondent, I've never seen this sort of pouch with belt hooks--but strange and wonderful thing are created in the back rooms of surplus stores. I'm also wondering if this could have b een fabricated or recycled by a foriegn army which preferred hooks.

These have been discussed before, and I'm sorry to say, the consensus was that they're in the same area of reality as jackalopes. A mix of different things put together to make something rare and mysterious.

These aren't USGI, or even made from USGI antlers and bunny pelts, just an aftermarket dream item. Material, snaps, grommets, stitching, edging, and the 1910 hook are all wrong.

Neat, but I hope you didn't pay too much for 'em.

I only paid $23.00 for the pair. I did not get hurt in the transaction. The pair sure has that "been there done it look". Oh well I guess this was a learning point. Thanks for the responses.

These look like the kind from the seller

vietnam-war-collectibles

Am I right?, sad to say they are fake/copies.

US issue wouldn't rust, and these were never made with wire hangers...

These look like the kind from the seller

vietnam-war-collectibles

Am I right?, sad to say they are fake/copies.

US issue wouldn't rust, and these were never made with wire hangers...

Hi Justin, yes you are correct. That is the same seller. Thanks again for all the info and responses. I will keep the pouches as a reminder to myself not to act impulsively. :unsure: