Pershings Honor Guard

Popo367

I won this photo on Ebay a couple of weeks ago and just got it. The photo was in a frame and had a few cracks in it. I decided to pull it out of the frame for a looksy. I think this photo was part of a yardlong of Pershings Honor Guard. On the sides you can see a little bit of another unit and the sides of the photo were not cut straight. This photo was taken at Pershing Stadium and it must have had all the units sitting on the bleachers. I tried to get a flat scan but whoever mounted the photo glued it to a backing and this is the best scan I can get. There are quite a few of the soldiers that are wearing what I think are Distinguished Service Cross ribbons. If someone could verify please let me know.

If anyone has any additional information on this 3rd Div Composite unit please post it, would like to ID the Capt and the Lt's that are pictured in the middle. One of the Lt's appears to have the DSC and another ribbon. I know that the CO of E Company (2nd Div) was Capt Clifton Cates.

Does anyone know how many Companies there were, what divisions were represented? Does anyone have any other photos of the Composite units that they can post? Any information would be appreciated and fun to read.

Regards,

Enrique

post-2633-1224434874.jpg

I had to resize the photos, wish I could have posted better ones. If anyone wants the full scans PM me and I will email them to you.

post-2633-1224434979.jpg

Nice photo! I know that Co. E, 3rd (Army)Composite Regt. was composed of Marines from the 2nd Division, was formed in early May 1919 and was commanded by Capt. Clifton Cates USMC. I don't have a picture though I wish I did! Maybe someone else has one to share. I'd assume they started with Co. A so there was at least 5 Companies in the "Regiment".