CVC helmet

Vertol

Hello Guys,

I'm sorry to ask another thing about recent item, but it's a bit difficult for me to find info about modern items.

It's a Combat Vehicle Crewman helmet dh-132, dated from 1988 as you can see (bad picture, I'm sorry for this).

I would like to know what is the utility of the button on left ear.

Does someone know if this helmet is stillin use in some division ? Because I have contrary information about that ...

I thank you in advance.

Yours faithfully,

Mat

dscn2889pu.jpg

Uploaded with No_outside_hosting.us

dscn2890d.jpg

dscn2888y.jpg

That allows the user to switch between transmitting over the radio net, or keeping comms internal through to the crew only via the intercom system. It often leads to things said over the radio that were not meant to be in the heat of things :blushing: oopsss , so most folks I knew would leave it off, or on intercom and use a hand mic to talk on the radio.

Also, for got to add, it is a 3 position switch. Center as you see it now, is in the "off" position, enabling the radio is by pushing forward (should be spring pressure, pushing it back to center when released) and tot he rear is for the intercom, and should stay in that position when released.

To further answer, You could still find these older versions in some places I bet. We still had some hanging around in my last unit in 07. Most units have a "secret" cache of extra bits and pieces that aren't the books to help make up shortages later. However, you are more than likely to see the newer variant out there, with the thicker ballistic shell, and Bose speaker system with flexible boom mic like this..

f8c34563.jpg

Manchu Warrior

If the active military states that a piece of equipment is outdated and obsolete I guarantee you that somewhere out there is a National Guard unit now using the obsolete hand-me-down equipment.

Good evening,

Thanks HoovieDude & Manchu Warrior.

Also, for got to add, it is a 3 position switch. Center as you see it now, is in the "off" position, enabling the radio is by pushing forward (should be spring pressure, pushing it back to center when released) and tot he rear is for the intercom, and should stay in that position when released.

So, if I've well understood, if we want to talk to the external radio, we need to hold the hand on the button ?

If the active military states that a piece of equipment is outdated and obsolete I guarantee you that somewhere out there is a National Guard unit now using the obsolete hand-me-down equipment.

LOL ;-)

Regards,

Mat

Good evening,

Thanks HoovieDude & Manchu Warrior.

So, if I've well understood, if we want to talk to the external radio, we need to hold the hand on the button ?

LOL ;-)

Regards,

Mat

Mat, Correct. To transmit over the external radio, you would push the PTT ( Push To Talk. Original huh?) switch to the forward position. When done with your transmission, you release it, and the spring will cause it to return to the Off position and end your external transmission.

For intercom position, if you push it there, it will remain until you push it back into the OFF.

Mat, Correct. To transmit over the external radio, you would push the PTT ( Push To Talk. Original huh?) switch to the forward position. When done with your transmission, you release it, and the spring will cause it to return to the Off position and end your external transmission.

For intercom position, if you push it there, it will remain until you push it back into the OFF.

Ok... I've never understood why with the technology we have now, it was not possible to keep a multi-talk without touching a button.