Camillus Knife

dogfacedsoldier

dogfacedsoldier

I got this Camillus knife and scabbard the other day in a trade. It is marked Camillus Cutlery Co. Camillus N.Y. I don't much else about the knife, other than it looks lke something carried by someone in the Navy. Any help is appreciated. Thanks for looking.

Jon

post-3832-1294100826.jpg post-3832-1294100853.jpg

post-3832-1294100886.jpg post-3832-1294100915.jpg

Still-A-Marine

It's a Camillus Army Air Corps / Navy Pilot knife. You can find it on page 68 of Cole's III, and page 85 of Silvey's WW2 Knives. I too just acquired my first AAC / Navy Pilot knife. Here it is. Bill

post-4347-1294148276.jpg

dogfacedsoldier

Thanks Bill, I don't have a copy of Cole's since my house burned down. I appreciate the Id and info. I like the knife.

Jon

Here is my US Army Air Forces & Navy Camillus Sheath Knife -

S5001800.jpg

S5001797.jpg

S5001799.jpg

S5001794.jpg

S5001795.jpg

I think what I like best about this style knife is the deep fuller, it just makes the knife look more imposing :thumbsup: .

There actually are two different variants. One has the curved maker logo (my example) and the other has the logo stamped in a straight line.

Tim

dogfacedsoldier

The only differences I see is my scabbard has been dyed black, and mine is a little more used looking. Mine has the curved logo. Thank You, mine must be the AAF version, but not sure.

Jon

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about the Pics. The lighting this time of year isn't great in my neck of the woods. Heres a variation in the blade stamp. I believe that they varied the brass spacers too. May be some others.

DCP_1364.jpgDCP_1365.jpg