USMC OFFICERS DRESS

Terry K.

Hi All,

This M-1952 followed me home from a local gun show this weekend. A friend picked it up along with other items including WW2, all from the same WM officer. This is all I could talk him out of for right now, it was a duplicate. Thought you all would like to see it. My first USMC WM officers. The officers were the same as EM's but for the shoulder boards, rank and EGA insignia. Shoulder boards are connected with a button hole and the rank. EGA's are two piece officers.

Terry

post-629-1292456360.jpg

post-629-1292456390.jpg

post-629-1292456421.jpg

Wow, Terry, that is SHARP! I don't think people grasp just how rare a female WWII USMC grouping is, much less an officer. One of these days, I'll have to add some WM stuff to my collection, in honor of my wife (former Sgt). She'd kick my @$$ if she heard me call her a WM, though! :rolleyes:

Semper!

Ski

Hi usmcski and teufelhunde.ret,

We called them BAM's also. I do not see a name in the dress I got, but never got to really look close at the other items yet. I got a pair of slacks and two officers shirts also. He still has two shirts, a skirt, another dress, two hats, a purse cover, scarf, and a couple of other things. I will get pics up soon of the other I go, including a HBT womans cover.

Terry

Here are some pics of other stuff. Cap has numerous names in it, but main one is J R Coleman. Uniform shirts are marked Rae La Force.

Terry

post-629-1292528430.jpg

post-629-1292528471.jpg

post-629-1292528499.jpg

Brian Dentino

Now THAT is a hard to find item indeed......I am with Ski.....got to find a "WM" uniform for my collection someday as well. :thumbsup: ;)