GI Joe & 1/6 scale helmets, rifles, etc. galore

Bob Hudson

At a estate sale last weekend we picked up whole bunch of GI Joe stuff (and what I now know are probably some generic 1/6 scale stuff).

Here's part of the helmet/headgear:

gijoehelms1.jpg

I have been looking around online trying to figure out what is official GI Joe and what isn't. I've got a lot of cloth-covered helmets, some of which are quite detailed:

gijoehelms2.jpg

gijoehelms3.jpg

So are there are any tips on telling the "real thing" from the other brands of 1/6th scale hear?

thanks

I'v heard stories.......but I had no idea there are so many types of gear for this guy.

Puts Barbi to shame.... :w00t: !

Did you hear about the Divorced Barbie? She comes with all Ken's stuff too....

Here's some of the rifles:

gijoeguns1.jpg

gijoeguns2.jpg

gijoeguns3.jpg

gijoeguns4.jpg

labelkills254

What it looks like to me is that you have an assortment of GI Joe, 21st Century Toys (ultimate Soldier) and a cheaper brand known as soldiers of the world parts. I could probably pinpoint which is what, but it would be difficult to describe via the pictures provided. It appears that most of the modern covered helmets are GI Joe, the german ww2 helmet is 21st century and the helmets with the black plastic inside are soldiers of the world. Similar for the guns, the better quality stuff is generally gi joe and 21st while the lower quality is soldiers of the world. Just my two cents.

I agree with Labelkills, Looks like a mix of 21st, SOTW and a few Dragon pieces thrown in.

I think there may be one modern helmet that is Hasbro.

Fran

Valkyrie6

looks to me like all the weapons are from 21st century toys, while with the helmets, the us m1 helmet with the marine cover and realistic liner is a dragon models helmet, while the others appear to be gi joe (90's-2000's) or 21st century, along with other lesser brands. overall though, nice find.

Don't believe it FS! It could be an Easy Green repop! :w00t:

Terry

And I think some of the canteens are from ATF or WPG:

gijoecanteens1.jpg

gijoecanteens2.jpg

gijoecanteens3.jpg

• 2 months later...

There's just about every "make" in there.

The helmets can be told apart by the chinstraps/liners.

The rifles are I think as follows:

2 WW1 French Berthier rifle from SOTW

3 GIJoe 03 springfield

4 M1 carbine also GIjoe?

6 1903A4 from Gijoe missing the bolt.

7 k98k ultimate soldier

8 gijoe m1a1 carbine

9 sotw 1890 austrian mannlicher?

10 sotw m38 russian carbine

11 ultimate soldier k98k

12 gijoe russian

13 gijoe? m1 garand

14 & 15 are higher quality m1 garands.

16 & 17 sotw M1 garands

18 ultimate solider british

19 gijoe

21 sotw

23 ultimate soldier?

I started down the path of 1/6 Soldier collecting ... and then realized the small fortune I was going spend! The items you've found here are not cheap if you bought them at full retail. They also are not always continued in production, and sometimes are hard to find.

It's been interesting over the years to watch GI Joe and all the subsequent spin offs go from well made toy to museum quality replicas. We've got Forum members who have virtual WWII museums made up of quality 1/6 figures, and I am sure there will be more to come.

You've got quite the find here.

The ultimate 1/6th US helmet are metal stmaped ones made by a guy (whose name I forget now) who passed on a few years ago. Periodically his family would make some up and sell them off. I have one with a custm hankco1942 hawely liner in it.

I sold off my German 1/6th stuff. I just do not have the space.

sold on ebay a lot of uniforms, a lot of weapons and a lot of equipment.

I still have a box of the US stuff I have to dig out and put up for sale. I have a figure that looks remarkably like my dad, and have a lot of custom made material on it that I'll keep.

I also have a bag of the really junky material that maybe one day I will find some kid that would like it.

The ultimate 1/6th US helmet are metal stmaped ones made by a guy (whose name I forget now) who passed on a few years ago. Periodically his family would make some up and sell them off. I have one with a custm hankco1942 hawely liner in it.

That would be the good Sgt Zang, and his helmets were little pieces of magic. Front seam, swivels! I have scooped up quite a few of them, as I think there are none better in the 1:6 world.

• 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I sold off my German 1/6th stuff. I just do not have the space.

sold on ebay a lot of uniforms, a lot of weapons and a lot of equipment.

I still have a box of the US stuff I have to dig out and put up for sale. I have a figure that looks remarkably like my dad, and have a lot of custom made material on it that I'll keep.

I also have a bag of the really junky material that maybe one day I will find some kid that would like it.

I would like it LOL :)

Brandon