Got this Bayonet and Rigging knife today

River Rat 1

Well went to a gun show today and picked up a M-4 Bayonet made by Imperial and a Riggers knife also made by Imperial.I am hoping the bayonet is WW2 era and I think the riggers knife is WW1 era.I think I did good this time since my last goof up on fleabay were I was lucky to get my money back.Here are some photo's.

PB204078.jpg

PB204079.jpg

PB204082.jpg

Makers marks M4 bayonet you can see the flaming bomb and Imperial.

PB204080.jpg

Makers mark on the riggers knife.I collect riggers knife when I find them I am a ex Boatswain Mate.I have seen this style made my Camillus the first by Imperial may be a rare one ?

PB204083.jpg

PB204084.jpg

The USM8A1 sheave made by BM Co.Well did I do OK I hope this time.Some one buffed out all the bluing on the bayonet but at least they did not sharpen the hell out of it.Since I just got a M-1 carbine I went for the bayonet instead of a M-3 knife that I will get one of these days.I got the bayonet for 110.00 I think I did OK.How did I do this time?And any info on both knifes thanks for any help so I can learn more.

I got the bayonet for 110.00 I think I did OK.How did I do this time?And any info on both knifes thanks for any help so I can learn more./quote]

Your bayonet is WWII vintage. I've noticed that the price on M4 bayonets has softened up considerably, even for the harder ones to find (see below). IMHO you can still find the best deals on Ebay if you know what you are doing.

I don't belive the Navy knife is military issue, but I could be wrong. The USGI ones I've seen are inscribed APPVD.1944 U.S.C.G. I think yours is a fairly new commercial knife, but again, I could be wrong.

HTH.

post-70-1290295682.jpg

post-70-1290295698.jpg

post-70-1290295713.jpg

RR1,

Click on the link below and see the article on Imperial military folders on p. 6

http://www.oregonknifeclub.org/Newsletter%200610.pdf

Gunbarrel

Thanks for the info.The metal of the knife shows it's age but the plastic or bakelite is in great shape that make it look newer in the photo.Looks like I did good on that from the link you posted.