What to look for in an M3?

sactroop

In an effort to advance my own education on the subject of the M3 trench knife. I thought I'd post a link to knife that maybe most interesting. I will not be bidding on this. So no worries as to influencing me one way or the other. My intention is to pickup some more knowledge of these knives.

http://cgi.ebay.com/US-WWII-Imperial-Blade...4f#ht_500wt_949

sactroop-If you're looking for a good example of a blade marked M3, the Imperials seem to be the most abundant on the market. Of all the knives and variations, Imperial blade marked make up the largest portion of those available.It's a good way to start. Condition will vary, but there always seem to be plenty of nice ones.Go to "World War2Weapons.net" and you'll always find plenty of M3's. The site is also a good way to learn about pricing, condition, variations,and what's on the market in general. GoodLuck! SKIP

Jack's Son;

You make a fare point.

SKIPH;

I'll check out "World War2Weapons.net" in the mean time. I did find a copy of Coniglio's book. It's on its way.

I'm more than happy to hold off talking about this knife while it's up for grabs.

Jack's Son;

You make a fare point.

SKIPH;

I'll check out "World War2Weapons.net" in the mean time. I did find a copy of Coniglio's book. It's on its way.

I'm more than happy to hold off talking about this knife while it's up for grabs.

Thank you.............. :thumbsup:

Thank you.............. :thumbsup:

Jack's Son;

Even at this point in my life I still find that my enthusiasm will occasionally overtake my common sense. :bye1:

In an effort to advance my own education on the subject of the M3 trench knife. I thought I'd post a link to knife that maybe most interesting. I will not be bidding on this. So no worries as to influencing me one way or the other. My intention is to pickup some more knowledge of these knives.

http://cgi.ebay.com/US-WWII-Imperial-Blade...4f#ht_500wt_949

Now that the bidding has closed. I'm wondering if there maybe some observations or opinions on the knife in the above link.