Vietnam Navy Seal Coral Boots or Army "Delta" Boots?

lebelmilitaria

lebelmilitaria

Anyone have any clue if these are US Navy issue or XM Seal or UDT footwear? Or a weird variant of the US Army issue "delta" shoes? They have a mfg date of 1969, along w/ a DAAG code, something I have always only seen in XP items. Also, the US N Labs mark, any thoughts for what lab it is? Natick or for US Naval labs? Both existed during VN. Any thoughts as to what and to a rougth retail value would be great. Thanks, Will

post-1495-1187061023.jpg

post-1495-1187061054.jpg

post-1495-1187061070.jpg

Not SEAL related, they are something that the Army was trying out for troops in the Delta region whose feet were always wet. Your's are weird in such that the 2 pair I have have a wide elastic velcro strap across the lace area. SEALs normally wore coral shoes or flip-flops around the base.

lebelmilitaria

hi, i own a pair of standard delta shoes, these are dated 1970 and have a standard DSA number in them. I also own a copy of a 1968 Octofoil Magazine (9th ID) talking about these boots, they show what appears to be a XP pair of delta shos and the standard issue model. Ive owned/seen multiple pairs of Army "delta boots" dated from 1969 to 1971, but none are like any of the pairs in the first posting.

post-1495-1187063917.jpg

post-1495-1187063933.jpg

craig_pickrall

I have seen those with both the laces and the Velcro closure. I think I have both types as well but would have to do some serious digging to get them out.

I have seen them described as camp shoes in one reference. I think it was probably the Shelby Stanton book on Vietnam uniforms. Intended for wear at camp to give both the feet and the boots a chance to dry out.

lebelmilitaria
I have seen those with both the laces and the Velcro closure. I think I have both types as well but would have to do some serious digging to get them out.

I have seen them described as camp shoes in one reference. I think it was probably the Shelby Stanton book on Vietnam uniforms. Intended for wear at camp to give both the feet and the boots a chance to dry out.

the Lab markings, are they Navy labs or Natick? On everything I have ever seen that was from Natick it has always been spelled out, not abbreviated. also, ive owned these boots before dated as early as 1969 on the DSA, they were of the velcro type as well as a lace up but is different from these in the amount of eyelets. these are shown in the above photo from the octofoil magazine, but are different from the ones pictured in the first posting. also, these were all marked with a DSA number, not a DAAG and not lab marked. the boots in the posting are dated after the standard delta boots had been adopted and given a DSA.

• 2 years later...

I was the only guy in my platoon who was issued a pair of OD Green coral boots. I was told that they were the USMC version of the Haze Gray USN version. I still have them though they are a mess. I got them in 1970 at SEAL TEAM ONE.

the Lab markings, are they Navy labs or Natick? On everything I have ever seen that was from Natick it has always been spelled out, not abbreviated. also, ive owned these boots before dated as early as 1969 on the DSA, they were of the velcro type as well as a lace up but is different from these in the amount of eyelets. these are shown in the above photo from the octofoil magazine, but are different from the ones pictured in the first posting. also, these were all marked with a DSA number, not a DAAG and not lab marked. the boots in the posting are dated after the standard delta boots had been adopted and given a DSA.

I would venture a guess your marking is US Army Testing Lab(s)s.The last letter appears to be a "T" ??

RON