ACH MICH USMC

remy101

Hello

Here is my last comeback, this helmet ACH MICH, used by Marines.

He would come back from the Afghan théatre.

All the comments will be welcome

Good day

dscn3547.jpg

dscn3548.jpg

dscn3549.jpg

dscn3549.jpg

dscn3551.jpg

This is used by Recon guys. Typical USMC grunts don't use ACH/MICH.

vette, velcro on helmets can be used for anything like strobe light, flag patch, IR reflective, NVG battery, etc...

Hello

Here is my last comeback, this helmet ACH MICH, used by Marines.

He would come back from the Afghan théatre.

All the comments will be welcome

Good day

Just curious: is this an original helmet used by a Marine and returned from Afghanistan? I'm no expert on Marine Recon, that's for sure, but it would seem to defeat the purpose of painting the helmet in light color camo by sticking big rectangles of black velcro all over it.

Being one that works with velcro a lot in a dirty environment, I would bet that the velcro was added after it left the desert. The textured paint on these helmets does not allow for good velcro adhesion without the right velcro. Standard every day velcro will begin buckling and then when dust gets under those heaves and sticks to the glue, it will eventually work the velcro loose and it will simply pull off. We deal with this all the time on our flight helmets and we have to use a specific, expensive velcro that will stick to CARC and also lay down right. To make velcro work on a curve like that, relief cuts have to be made and smoothed out. The reason for velcro on the side is to put IR flags, not cloth ones. Not dinging the helmet, just the velcro.

The velcro it awfully clean...and so is the inside of the helmet. I dont see an scratches either.

Good point. At my first glimpse, I didn't notice how "new" it looks. I took a look at my Ranger painted ACH, it has normal wears and scratches around the edges.

Hum, everybody know my position about these modified helmets, but this one is repainted, and look like new. And moreover, some marines (principaly in recon units) well use ACH/MICH helmets, but never with flag on them...

This helmet is a fake and I can proof what I insure...

P-E

[to merc : then you can see what I spoke about the other helmet of RichS on OEF & OEF helmet. For me it was also repainted...they are too new to be real ! They are all "fake for collector" ! ]

I wouldn't necissarily call it a fake. But I would question its actual use in the field as mentioned. Looks to new and too clean. Even after being cleaned up, mine were obviously not sharp and fresh looking.

Yes sure, I agree with you it was never used in combat area OR it was repainted (because Remy told me there's blood group write inside helmet : so it's used !), and I also explained exactly the same thing to Remy in a French forum where he also posted his helmet.

But considering it comes from ebay and seller has some with the same painting job, I consider it's a "fake modified helmet for collector" like some other on ebay. The seller on ebay has currently an MICH helmet and a CVC helmet with exactly the same color paints, black velcro and flag. I verified in the feedbacks of seller, and I was able to find the exact helmet Remy bought him (and after verification, the buyer was well Remy).

So the seller modify some helmets, I consider they are "fakes for collector" otherwise I can't explain me why this seller had for sale various models of helmet (ACH, CVC) with the same type of personalization (same brown and tan paints, black velcro, same colored flag,...). :think:

Here's my opinion.

P-E

But considering it comes from ebay and seller has some with the same painting job, I consider it's a "fake modified helmet for collector" like some other on ebay. The seller on ebay has currently an MICH helmet and a CVC helmet with exactly the same color paints, black velcro and flag. I verified in the feedbacks of seller, and I was able to find the exact helmet Remy bought him (and after verification, the buyer was well Remy).

P-E

Ahhh. I see. Sounds reasonable then and I understand.

I can indeed believe that this helmet was repeind, I agree with you.

But to say that it is a forgery, the I am him in no way.

The worst it is because "P.E" goes to see what I buy, or and to whom on my ebay account, it I find that it is graver

Well, in the pleasure

af10_110.jpg

I can indeed believe that this helmet was repeind, I agree with you.

But to say that it is a forgery, the I am him in no way.

The worst it is because "P.E" goes to see what I buy, or and to whom on my ebay account, it I find that it is graver

Let my explain. No, it's not a forgery or a fake for airsofter or something like that. It's well an original ACH/MICH kevlar helmet, manufactured by MSA (official producer for US military). There's no doubts about that.

I just explain the modifications on it are fake. That's what I call "fake for collector" (= original items, but modified to make them rarer). It's not against you, it's just against seller who do not hesitate to sell that sort of helmet to make them more money...

and Mercenary has right : the most important thing, is that you're happy with this helmet.

P-E

Wouldn't there be a reversed flag on that side of the helmet or is that only done on uniforms?

Good eye. Unless this is a boy scout helmet, that is the wrong flag. The star field always leads the way

Good eye. Unless this is a boy scout helmet, that is the wrong flag. The star field always leads the way

Except that violates federal law for proper display of the US flag. The blue field should always be displayed to the upper left. Some genius in the Army thought up the whole "flapping in the breeze..leading the way" crap in 1990 during the debate about wearing the US flag in SWA. We've been wearing it the wrong way every since. At least now with the ACU's the flag is being worn above any 'combat patches" where it should be.

And that helmet is an obvious re-paint.

I've looked though photos of USMC Recon. I never seen anyone with flag on helmet. :think:

Is the modern helmets becoming new WWII M1 helmets? :think:

Everything is a question of money guys... if something is valuable, you can be sure you'll always be able to find copy of this thing. There's no exception, and probably more in militaria than other type of collection because militaria is an expensive market ! It makes me really mad... :crying:

Everything is a question of money guys... if something is valuable, you can be sure you'll always be able to find copy of this thing. There's no exception, and probably more in militaria than other type of collection because militaria is an expensive market ! It makes me really mad... :crying:

Very true. About 2004-2005 there were tons of faked up sets of DCU's being sold for big money on ebay, all supposedly back from OIF. Some stuff that even someone with a basic knowledge of US uniforms and insignia could have spotted as fake, and yet they sold.