Dogfights!

squiz

I saw under the Battle 360 thread that the History Channel series Dogfights was mentioned. I saw 4-5 of those shows on the History Channel and then bought two seasons on DVD from the HC store- WOW- I have really enjoyed those! Not only do they recreate the aircraft and the dogfights extremely well using computer animation, they bring the pilots that were involved to talk about it! Last night I was watching the episode that they did about the plan to have Luftwaffe planes ram the American bombers in April, 1945. Not only were they able to recreate some of the few incidents that bombers were rammed, they had two Luftwaffe pilots that survived the ramming on the show.

Anyone else seen this series?

I saw under the Battle 360 thread that the History Channel series Dogfights was mentioned. I saw 4-5 of those shows on the History Channel and then bought two seasons on DVD from the HC store- WOW- I have really enjoyed those! Not only do they recreate the aircraft and the dogfights extremely well using computer animation, they bring the pilots that were involved to talk about it! Last night I was watching the episode that they did about the plan to have Luftwaffe planes ram the American bombers in April, 1945. Not only were they able to recreate some of the few incidents that bombers were rammed, they had two Luftwaffe pilots that survived the ramming on the show.

Anyone else seen this series?

This is one of my all-time favourites! The C.G.I. work is awesome...particularly when viewed on a big flat-screen in HD! Apart from the visuals, it's great to see/hear the pilots whose stories are being told. Unfortunately, I've failed to source the series on European format dvd. That said..I recorded them on my SKYPlus hard-drive anyway, so I can replay the anytime anyway.

Sabrejet

That series is one of the best to come from the history channel. There are some seriously cool dog fights and stories from the pilots that were involved. Worth every penny.

TheGrayGhost

This was an absolutely fantastic series! In fact, it was the favorite series of my niece who was only 3 at the time, gotta raise them right! The CGI was very well made, the flow and presentation was very informational while easy to follow. I also loved the way they would bring the vets in to talk about the actual event.

Recommend this to everyone!

I have seen some episodes and I found it very well done. On top of that a TV channel is diffusing them again so I'll be able to record them this time !

Ben