LTC Hal Moore-"We Were Soldiers"

valkyrie6

This is my first foray into Vietnam since 21st Cent came out with their uniforms sets.

The figure was given to me for my Birthday several years ago and I am just now getting to it. This is the Dragon figure of Lt Col Hal Moore, that came out about the same time as

”We Were Soldiers”. I think the headsculpt is supposed to be Mel Gibson.

All the patches and nametapes were made on the computer as I have lost the ones that came with the figure. oops

He is painted using acrylics, and pigments.

The base is thin Styrofoam mounted on a small wooden base. The dirt is real dirt that I brought back from Oklahoma. The grass is from Woodland Scenics.

The boots are some WWII jump boots from Dragon, that were painted black and then weathered

full-1.jpgfullr-1.jpgrearshot-1.jpglrear-1.jpg

rsideetail-1.jpgbasedetail-1.jpg

bustl-1.jpg

bust1-1.jpgbustr-1.jpg

Fran

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
This is my first foray into Vietnam since 21st Cent came out with their uniforms sets.

The figure was given to me for my Birthday several years ago and I am just now getting to it. This is the Dragon figure of Lt Col Hal Moore, that came out about the same time as

”We Were Soldiers”. I think the headsculpt is supposed to be Mel Gibson.

All the patches and nametapes were made on the computer as I have lost the ones that came with the figure. oops

He is painted using acrylics, and pigments.

The base is thin Styrofoam mounted on a small wooden base. The dirt is real dirt that I brought back from Oklahoma. The grass is from Woodland Scenics.

The boots are some WWII jump boots from Dragon, that were painted black and then weathered

full-1.jpgfullr-1.jpgrearshot-1.jpglrear-1.jpg

rsideetail-1.jpgbasedetail-1.jpg

bustl-1.jpg

bust1-1.jpgbustr-1.jpg

Fran

beatiful, is very very beaitful compliment :thumbsup: