U.S. Holsters Original Wrappings

Fausto

Hello to you all!

Making some order in my "U.S. Holsters" section I found some original wrappings. I opened them near 40 years ago and I still keep as true treasures the holsters that were inside... Those were lucky days for collectors as oldest of you will surely remember: you could just found holsters (and other stuff) still sealed in Gvt. wrappings for few bucks... The pictures are not that good but these dark wrappings are damn difficult to shot up. Hope you can use all readable numbers, FSN etc. for reference. Btw, referring to a previous topic on the colour and kind of leg thongs on M1916 holsters, I'm considering to make good pictures of all my 1916 holsters taken from sealed wrapping and surely original. There is an amaizing variety of thongs and this could help to check the replaced ones in recent times. Hope you will enjoy. Thanks for your attention.

Fausto

everforward

Really cool, Fausto. I've had them still sealed from Boyt, Warren Leather Goods and Groton & Knight.....A friend of mine had one from Walsh in the same condition.

Great stuff there..!!

Greg Robinson

Nice....I was happy to pick up a mint 1963 BUCHEIMER M1916 in wrap. Never seen one from WW2.

Thanks to you all!

Yes, I love a lot these wrappings. As you will have surely seen some wrappings report the date of manufacture, others not at all. The M1916 holsters inside are all dated, but the Craighead - neither the wrapping nor the holster - so we cant know the date of manufacture! And coming to FSN and Drawing numbers, there are differences than I can understand in items made in very same years. Can you?

Fausto

A nice addition to any serious holster collection but...... why a minties nut like you opened the wrappings? You had to bring them to S. Martino for Xray pics :P:P:P

Hi Arturo...

I was very young then, and I had no U.S. holsters. So I couldn't keep them sealed, I had to see what was inside...And to hand those brand new, yellow trasures has been amaizing...Today I would surely keep them well sealed...