Little US-grouping of a german man

jumo

Yep, there just like the documents say, Germans that work for the US Army. Some back in the 80's were guards, truck drivers, ect ect. There are people that just love this stuff by the way. I do not see this as American, by the way, its a all German "club" as I have seen.

Forgot this,,one document is for a promotion, the other is for the badge.

It is insignia related to the 6941st Labor Service Guard Battalion stationed at Roosevelt Barracks in Berlin. They were still there when I was stationed in Berlin in the early 90s. They guarded various Berlin Brigade locations in Berlin. Labor Service Battalions go back to the end of WWII and employed local civilians working for the US military in various tasks such as supply, maintenance, guard and other tasks.

The long badge with the German and American colors was issued for faithful service, in this case one year of service. The shield was the symbol of the Battalion as was worn in a simular manner to a US DUI.

Hello,

years ago I've got this little grouping.

Are here collectors which know something about this?

Regards jumo

When I worked in federal civil service for the Army I spent 3 years 1969-1972 at HQ TASCOM, Worms, GY. These workers then were called "local nationals" and worked in warehouses, security, computer programers, etc. When DeGaulle kicked the US Army out of Orleans, France in 1967 it relocated to Worms, GY as HQ TASCOM. A number of skilled "local nationals" relocated also from France and were paid extra monies by the the US Govt. if he/she spoke English and received additional monies if married and had children. The more children they had the more money they got. Let's not forget these skilled "local nationals" also were given PX and Commissary privileges. The counter argument was financial incentives had to be given to encourage skilled "local nationals" to relocate to Germany. One Belgium worker at HQ TASCOM had become so "entrenched" in past years working with the USAEUR budget that he was pretty much was a "one man show". When he went on vacation basically no actions were done on the budget. All their wages were paid by the US Govt. but the US Govt. gave West Germany credit on the WWII debt obligation it still owed the Allies with these salary payments. Meanwhile Germany was able to double its autobahn infrastructure over the next 15 years as the US was providing 30%+ of their security. Some of the "local nationals" were unionized.