Show your bookshelf .

kammo-man

post-6975-1248482529.jpgpost-6975-1248482549.jpgpost-136-1167589782.jpg

Reference books in short case,WWI and WWII in tall ones.........Civil War and Rev War........machining and some shop reference and local Tidewater Va. history..........

post-6975-1248482566.jpg

Manchu Warrior

Wow, all these photos are messing with my head because they all look like they were takin in the same house. And by the way it looks like my house.

• 4 weeks later...
post-6975-1248483160.jpg

Guns, gunsmithing, cartridges and firearms reference...........

The "mines, danger" sign on the wall reminds me of a Charles Addams cartoon of a teenager's bedroom with the wall

covered with warning signs like "Danger Bridge Out" and "Avalanche Warning" and a hundred similar.

Great Library

Thanks for showing

City Desk 175

BTW

The next round should ask for things like: "What Piece of Paper, magazine, patch, or other ephemera tells the most story?"

For me that includes patches I designed, and the challenge coin I designed negotiated and convinced a committee to pay for.

KTF

this is my full wall bookcase, I built the first one out of nice oak plywood.

She wanted NICER so I gave up half the wall and she paid for the Nicer one to be built

KTF

Citydesk175

Questions cheerfully answered and as always dumb looks NO CHARGE

post-7591-1250782643.jpg

General Apathy
What is behind Curtain #1??

It's a loft room so it will be a window, either a curved top one or completly circular ???

Elementary my Dear Watson. :think:

Cheers ( Lewis )

The owner is possibly in his twenties, right handed, poor taste in curtain material,

watches things through the window with his binoculars, reads a little, watches films a lot, interested in

Viet-nam. ??? :lol::lol::lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Here is one of my book shelves dedicated to the Italian Campaign. I have another bookshelf with a variety of books and two larger built-in shelves with mostly miliataria. This is not all of the ones on Italy, such as the large format books, i.e. 3rd ID.

BookShelf1.jpg

Bottom to Top

Bottom-- US Army green books History on N. Africa & Italy, Canadian history, "8th Army", Zuelke's books and a few more

2nd---Unit Histories, General histories, Personal accounts & German Biographies

3rd --- General reference, Polish history, Personal accounts and a few extra WW1 aviation books behind the photo.

Top Shelf--- Rick Atkinson's books, Field Manuals & Unit Pocket-Histories printed during war.

Steve

Here is one of my book shelves dedicated to the Italian Campaign. I have another bookshelf with a variety of books and two larger built-in shelves with mostly miliataria. This is not all of the ones on Italy, such as the large format books, i.e. 3rd ID.

What is in the small plastic/plexi case on the top of the bookcase? Looks like a nice way to display small items and keep them dust free.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been a bibliophile for many years, now, and have many more books than spaces to put them. My War Between the States library would fill up every shelf I've got, but since I've moved away from that war, my cases are filled primarily with books about 20th century conflicts.

Here's a shot of my favorite bookcase...

post-297-1254008785.jpg

I had forgotten that I had this. It's an original copy of General Daniel Harvey Hill's magazine "The Land We Love." Extremely rare, as I have never seen another, and I have visited bookstores across the country. I've also been in the book business for ten years, which is part of the reason I can afford so many books.

post-297-1254008901.jpg

• 1 month later...

Ok, here's a shot of one of my shelves containing some books on militaria. I've got some nice books on wings, including Silver Wings, Pinks and Greens, Don Chalif's book, Russ Hoff's book, and Duncan Campbell's book. All quite nice!

Pete

post-5467-1258922967.jpg