M1936 Suspenders Repair Parts

WarStache

WarStache

Howdy, I just got a pair of M1936 suspenders as part of a bundle off eBay for a good price however in typical buyer beware fashion I failed to notice it was missing a good quarter of the equipment. More the fool me. I was hoping to use these for an impression in Hyde Park in May and would love if anyone could give me a hand in sourcing the missing part. I'm willing to forego the rivet so it seems I would only need two straps, two buckles, and one clip (the set came with a spare unattached clip for whatever reason). Is there a good place to go for odd parts like these either original or new? 

M1936 Suspenders 2.jpg

M1936 Suspeders 1.jpg

earlymb

That stinks, but I think the fastest and easiest would be to just get another pair of suspenders, they're not rare or very expensive. I've never seen incomplete ones myself but never looked for those either.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe try checking with one of the company's making/selling reproduction field gear. They may have some of the components you are looking for.  Of course this will most likely be repro stuff. 

WarStache

Hey guys, thanks for the responses. I took your advice mrrm (well I was going to do it anyway but thank you for the confirmation bias). It seems that all the sellers that are worth a darn aren't the assemblers so they don't have the components on hand. I ended up getting a good offer so I guess I'll just get another at a good price. Live and learn and have a bunch of old smelly canvas around, isn't that how collecting goes?