New Here - information pertaining to 555th Ord. Fort Eustis - Roger Neil Logan

CaraLuciLogan

CaraLuciLogan

Hi all! New here! A little about what brings me here: I guess you could say about a year ago I had a pre-midlife to midlife crisis, about the fact I know little to nothing about my mother's paternal side of the family. Mainly due to the fact my grandfather, Roger Neil Logan b. 17 June 1945 in Sheridan, Wyoming, passed away when I was only 6. So, I took the deep dive into family history research. And decided along the way I'm going to write a book and pass it to my children. I had a paid Ancestry for a while, but funds don't allow for extra spending at the moment, so my research relies on free sources. Which has made it difficult to verify some things, but I am still doing my best and I already have a ton of information. However, when it comes to his military information, I'm having a very hard time. If you look at the history of the military, you'll find my last name familiar. Logan. I'm related to many great people in the military. But I'm looking for information about my grandfather specifically. I found his marriage certificate with my grandmother (1965) and noticed his address as "555th Ord. Fort Eustis" I've also been told he was a helicopter mechanic. I'd love to find out more about this company, what they did, and maybe cross paths with someone who knew my grandfather or can help me find his military records or even better a photo as I only have two of him. I know little to nothing about the military and their records and need all the help I can get. That being said, I greatly appreciate our military and the sacrifices that have been made. If a veteran just needs a chatty email pal, I'm happy to be that as well. Maybe I'd learn a thing or two in the process. Any information is appreciated and best way to contact me is email [email protected]

Roger Neil.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
ShibaLegend

Welcome aboard.

I'd post all the available info you have on the individual and unit research board.

Good luck on your search.