In search of Wilbur C. Dodd's Pilot Jacket, or any other gear.

The Dodd Father

The Dodd Father

The jacket belonged to my grandfather on my mom's side. I do not feel that my family is owed the jacket, and would be willing to pay a premium for it. He was a complicated man to say the least but I would like to surprise my mom with this. Given the War in Ukraine she has been reminiscing on his willingness to fight for what is right. She previously would go decades without talking about him.

I found the jacket here, but it has already been purchased: https://www.ima-usa.com/products/original-u-s-wwii-spitfire-pilot-307th-fighter-squadron-named-a2-leather-flight-jacket?variant=38445631493

I reached out to IMA who said they would contact the seller for me, but I am trying multiple angles of attack here. 

I also attached a photo of Wilbur circa 1943 for fun. Thanks everyone!

Capture.PNG

424785547_10232297302594650_7411865664304440644_n.webp

The Dodd Father

Thank you! I should also add that some records have him as "Wilbur" and others have him as "Wilburn". While Wilburn is technically correct, Wilbur seems to be a common mistake. The link I posted above is accurate otherwise, he was a member of the 307th. The "C" is for "Cicero".

So allow me to add "Wilburn C Dodd", "Wilburn Cicero Dodd" and "Wilbur Cicero Dodd" for any future Googlers out there so that they are hopefully directed to this page.

Thanks again everyone.