Hello, From South Jersey

Steve Lambert

Steve Lambert

Hi, I'm Steve Lambert. Served in the Army Reserves from 1996-2004. I received a gift from my step father a career Navy man served from 1954-1977. I'm trying to get an appraisal on the collection. It has proven to be extremely difficult. I was wondering if this community can help. I would really appreciate it.

I have a collection of 15 vinyl records on how to speak Japanese from the United States Armed Services Institute. An organization that closed its doors in 1948. These records are at least 75 yrs old and are 1st edition. In addition to being released by an organization that no longer exists. I have found no other collection of this,( the closest being a 2nd edition for sale on Amazon) which leads me to believe these are very rare, maybe the only one in existence. Which leads me to wonder, are they valuable? If so, how much? I also have the original box they were shipped in. Pretty beat up but still intact. Don’t know if that changes anything but I’d thought I’d include that.  Thank you for your time.

IMG_20230907_151158.jpg

IMG_20230907_151143.jpg