Hello from New Hampshire

ksearl

Hi Everyone,

My name is Karl and I live up in New Hampshire. I was never in the military, but my Dad was for 36 years, and my whole childhood. Therefore, I have a huge connection to it, and in many ways, the Army and his close friends in his units were extended family. He served in the Service Batter, 2-6 Field Artillery, 3rd Armored Division from 69-72. When he got out of a the Army in 72, he joined the Massachusetts Army National Guard as a mechanic in many capacities...full time technician, so he was a M-F guy until 2005. He served various units, but his favorites and longest tenure were in the 26th Cavalry and 726th Maintenance, both in the 26th Infantry (Yankee) Division. His last assignment was a Maintenance Supervisor in the 51st Troop Command. He always said that was his favorite job, driving around to different units for inspection. Sadly, he passed away last year, far too soon. All said, I admired him greatly for his military accomplishments and he got me collecting patches and DUIs. Many of which he got me through his military connections and travels. 

Pleased to meet you all...and excited to contribute and learn here!

Thanks,

Karl

My Dad

image.png.5bdae553dcab22cc0da06508e1d6eb13.png

Shadow box I made from my Dad's stuff for my kids to pay homage to him. 

image.png.2d7bd32f027f91ae0cefa351935dc086.png

Karl,

Welcome to the forum. Condolences on the loss of your father, your shadow box in his honor is wonderful.

I grew up in Salem, NH, but moved after I joined the Army after high school (84-05).

Looking forward to sharing stories and information with you

best regards

Leigh 

• 1 month later...

Welcome aboard. Re entlt moved to New Hampshire myself.