WW1 white Navy Jumper

I don’t remember if I posted this already, but here is my only WW1 Navy item, a white jumper. I think it is a Landsman rate.

IMG_0075.png

IMG_0071.png

IMG_0072.png

Navy collector

Very nice! Great Makers stamp as well. Is this a recent find? Evil bay can produce some great items, if you can spend the time looking! Thanks for posting!  Dave.

Yeah, I found it about 3 weeks ago. You are right, sometimes you find a pretty good deal on eBay.

• 2 weeks later...
RustyCanteen

Waas & Son was a costume company located in Pennsylvania. I am not certain of when they opened their doors (I did not try to look that up), but they were in operation from the 1920s (at least that early) until about 1975.  This was probably a real jumper that was bought by them and rented out. 

RC

Navy collector

RC is correct, there are loads of WW1 and earlier US Navy and Army uniforms and headgear that made their way to the Theater and Hollywood wardrobe departments. i have, in my collection, 4 WW1/1920's US Navy flat hats from an east coast Theater costume inventory, all missing tallies though, and one WW1 Army 2nd type overseas cap with a Warner Bros. wardrobe dept. stamp inside. Still any of these items are period made and are collectable History! Thank you RC for the research as well!  Dave.

On 7/2/2023 at 7:35 AM, Navy collector said:

RC is correct, there are loads of WW1 and earlier US Navy and Army uniforms and headgear that made their way to the Theater and Hollywood wardrobe departments. i have, in my collection, 4 WW1/1920's US Navy flat hats from an east coast Theater costume inventory, all missing tallies though, and one WW1 Army 2nd type overseas cap with a Warner Bros. wardrobe dept. stamp inside. Still any of these items are period made and are collectable History! Thank you RC for the research as well!  Dave.

That’s what I’m looking for now, a WW1 Navy flat hat.

Navy collector

Keep an eye on e bay, They pop once and awhile. The WW1 and mid war period on there, do show up. Hate to give up one of my 'hunting spots' but hey, your a collector of the same field so good hunting!! I found this little gem on there, and it's part of my collection. Pretty sure this was the former USS New York. renamed the Saratoga then the USS Rochester. Dave.

WW1-1920 US Navy flat hat USS Saratoga 166.33 2 12 23 1.jpg

WW1-1920 US Navy flat hat USS Saratoga 166.33 2 12 23 4.jpg