Fake dog tag General ?

MathieuBelgique1944

MathieuBelgique1944

So this has been offered to me and the guy claims its a 1945 tag when i pointed out that i dont like the hole. What do you guys think. Ageing looks strange to me as well looks like someone rubber it with the hard sponge side or some sand on purpose.

Screenshot_20230517-153711_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20230517-153717_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20230517-153722_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20230517-153115_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20230517-153454_Instagram.jpg

Rakkasan187

I'm not much of a dog tag expert but I see several red flags being an Army Veteran with 22 years of service.

From my point of view this screams copy for the following reasons:

I have never seen a Dog Tag with a Rank and Title stamped into it regardless of rank. If this person was captured, then the enemy would have more information to find out about units under the General's command and secondly the military would not be putting what Section the General Commanded, this again is against all Intelligence Common Sense. 

There is no Blood Type on this tag and the stamping for the O for Officer is the number 0, which is not correct either.

I did not see anything similar in Paul Braddock's "DOG TAGS" Book.

I would steer far away from this tag but if other's more versed in Dog Tag collecting have some thoughts I would wait for their thoughts

Best regards

Leigh 

Rakkasan187

I did some more reading in the Dog Tag Book and there were instances where the rank was stamped on the circular discs left over from WW1 as late as 1939 but no other mention or pictures of any showing rank later as the dog tags went through numerous changes regarding information that was stamped onto the tags.

General Ratay was a General who served under Patton's Third Army, but I remain skeptical about the authenticity of the tag...

Leigh 

hello ! this tag belongs to me it was found in CALLAS in the south of France in a former American camp, I can understand that the rank and the command zone is really strange but after some research I came across plates of are assistant on the internet and it was the same thing
at the very beginning I thought of plates to identify equipment or keys but the present tetanus does not make sense 

345031732_5622744214493127_7141883281973652130_n.jpg

MathieuBelgique1944
2 minutes ago, sparta said:

hello ! this tag belongs to me it was found in CALLAS in the south of France in a former American camp, I can understand that the rank and the command zone is really strange but after some research I came across plates of are assistant on the internet and it was the same thing
at the very beginning I thought of plates to identify equipment or keys but the present tetanus does not make sense 

345031732_5622744214493127_7141883281973652130_n.jpg

These also have the flat chain hole. And the patina looks natural

yes it's good tag too but he don't have tetanos on , for me its for keys or for identify the item of him

MathieuBelgique1944
10 minutes ago, sparta said:

yes it's good tag too but he don't have tetanos on , for me its for keys or for identify the item of him

For me the dogtag hole says alot ive never seen a real one with that 'dented' look which this one has. Thats also why I ask and the metal looks like the new one from the repros with fresh manmade scratchen.

yes yes I believe you but I know the guy that he found her and for
the hole for me the dog tag and 1945/46 seen the 45 tetanus

I think your doubts about the hole are correct. I've never heard that as of 1945 that hole changed in appearance. I see that hole usually on repro tags. As a matter of fact I had some tags made in Normandy with  my own data and the blanks they used look exactly the same as the tag in question. Whenever I see tags like these it's a hard pass from me.