Does anyone have any GAR related to Minnesota or SAW?

Kurt Barickman

Kurt Barickman

Just curious if anyone had any medals relating to the GAR or SAW to Minnesota? If so, would really like to see them please.

THanks in advance,'

Kurt

I have rarely seen any U.S.W.V. items from Minnesota.  But, these are the two I have encountered.

The first is a 1921 Minneapolis and the second is a 1925 Owatonna.  Both were sold on eBay.  I copied the pictures to keep track of all the MN badges I could find.  After 20 years, this is it.

USWV1921MinneapolisMN.JPG.ba8f2c61886c4967e9da4c9ad122bfb0.JPG

USWV1925OwatannaMn.jpg.b0f38a320b9633b39100760266365d61.jpg

Kurt - have you connected with Dick Punchard, here in the cities?  He's getting quite old nowadays but I'm sure has the most extensive GAR MN medal collection in the state. I believe at one point he was working on a book for publication, though I don't know if it will every be completed.  If you need/want his contact info shoot me a PM. 

Kurt Barickman
10 hours ago, AustinO said:

Kurt - have you connected with Dick Punchard, here in the cities?  He's getting quite old nowadays but I'm sure has the most extensive GAR MN medal collection in the state. I believe at one point he was working on a book for publication, though I don't know if it will every be completed.  If you need/want his contact info shoot me a PM. 

Yes, that would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Kiurt