Soon to be Fake DI "4 Roses"

tredhed2

Am placing this in the DI section just as an FYI. There is a cloth patch w/ this design that for decades was IDd as "442nd RCT AT Co/Bn/Plt" (related to the 44nd RTC. The 4 roses refer to an "area" in which they fought).  The cloth patches are actually from the marketing dept of 4 Roses Bourbon Society, for folks who like that drink. The cloth patches do not have the top or bottom scrolls. If you don't believe me, look up 4 Roses Bourbon on Ebay.  In any case, that the 4 roses logo is painted might be confusing to some collectors. There are still too many dealers and collectors who believe the patches are real. There was an article in the Trading Post disproving the "ID" of the "patches" and I believe it has been discussed here on the Forum. 

I can just see some crooked SOB finding one of these money clips, removing the logo, removing the scrolls, and wallah! a "variation" of the 442nd RCT DI.   Sorry, I don't have dimensions.   

4 roses DI.jpg

Salvage Sailor

Members, search the USMF using "four roses", you'll find plenty of examples on the forum

Bottoms Up