OPFOR ECWCS Parka? Trying to identify and get info!

eguipegui

Good afternoon,

My name is edgar, i'm new in the forum, nice to meet you all! I'm a Spanish US army/navy collector and recently i found a piece that got my fixation and bought it. Looking for the label (was very faded) was unable to obtain any info and after searching trough internet and looking the details (layer, zips etc) i think that the piece i got actually in my hands is a OPFOR parka from FT. Polk or Irwin (not sure), don't know the model, if its a ECWCS or what but i'm here to learn!

I would like to call everybody who could teach me about the piece and get all the info possible (model, datation, history etc) because i've read recently about the OPFOR history and i found it quite interesting and would like to know more because i've never seen this kind of parkas in flat colors!

The piece in question is this one im gonna show you in pictures, thanks in advance to everybody and a true pleasure!
Grettings,

Edgar

WhatsApp Image 2022-12-22 at 19.39.24.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-12-22 at 19.39.25.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-12-22 at 19.39.26.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-12-22 at 19.39.26(2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-12-22 at 19.39.26(1).jpeg

• 9 months later...

This one could be OPFOR too maybe but the tags look strange to me for an issue jacket. I had a lighter Khaki Greenish colored one back in the 90s, from Fort Ord when Canadian Troops trained for a UN mission- i got it off of one of them who were there. I have been trying to find the same for years again!

• 2 months later...

There were and still are, quite a few companies making a black (mostly) or solid green copy of the first gen ECWS Gore-Tex parka. I've seen black ones issued to the OPFOR at the CMTC in Hoenfehls, Germany. Not the highest quality, like the black BDUs they also issued (I was there for OPFOR augmentation and given a set for the two weeks we were there). The label was a copy of the one on the issued parka, but somewhere there was a maker on a tag.

The tags look funny because they are commercial and only sort of based on the real one. Though some were better and pretty close copies.