8th Army "Ike" jacket and breast pocket contents

tsellati

The following "Ike" jacket was the property of Max Azderban (http://aad.archives.gov/aad/record-detail.jsp?dt=893&rid=3040798).

jacketfront.jpg

jacketback.jpg

Mr. Azderban served in the Pacific Theater of Operation (the little I learned from his relatives) and based upon his "Ike" jacket chevrons and patches, he was a Technician 5th Grade with the 8th Army and served for 2 & 1/2 years overseas.

Unfortunately, the collar buttons and ribbon bar were removed from his jacket so I have no idea what function he may have served with the 8th Army (infantry soldier, signal corps, artillery, etc.) Due to the absence of the ribbon bar which would be pinned above the right breast pocket I also have no idea what medals Mr. Azderban may have been awarded and whether he was credited with combat action or not.

So, all-in-all, not a particularly informative jacket. However, here is a slightly more interesting aspect of the jacket, the breast pocket's contents -

pocketcontents.jpg

The Civic Center Dormitories ticket is pretty neat and its date of Nov 3 - 1945 suggests Mr. Azderban was possibly discharged from service by this point in time.

The Fort Dix telephone service call number card also is something I never saw before so I thought I would share some pictures:

telephoneservicecardfront.jpg

telephoneservicecardinterior.jpg

telephoneservicecardback.jpg

And finally, my question is, what the heck is the small black plastic box for?

smallblackbox.jpg

Thanks for the education.

Tim

...And finally, my question is, what the heck is the small black plastic box for?

If the original content of the box is still there, try it on to see if it fits, and be sure to let us know if you need a smaller one.

And finally, my question is, what the heck is the small black plastic box for?

My guess is probably the same that most other folks will have. Is it for a ring?

If the original content of the box is still there, try it on to see if it fits, and be sure to let us know if you need a smaller one.

Ah, is that what it's for w00t.gif?????? Well then, I'd need to requisition a much larger box from the quartermaster ;)!

Tim