Changes and differences between LC-1, LC-2, LC-3 Web Gear

Your local M1 Garand

Your local M1 Garand

I have had a question for a while, but was not sure how to ask it. When I see Gulf War kits or gear, I always see two kinds of gear: dark OD green with a stamp that seems to be soaked INTO the nylon or a brighter green with a stamp that seems to be ON the surface of the nylon. The dark green ones seem to have the dates fade easier as the bright green ones dates are always readable and bold. When and why did they switch from the dark OD green to the bright green? Here is the dark green:5B69A439-699D-4A0F-B5F7-B2AADC680601.jpeg.9ac8f809c8f4cdd400855884f6b94d67.jpeg

And the bright green:40F76366-1DEF-4AFE-875E-8171FBF24580.jpeg.86fc9452be12c5267584f480116ce586.jpeg

Not sure why but I started noticing the lighter color green pieces of ALICE gear in the late 90s and into the early 2000s and beyond.  The stamps weren't that great I noticed on some of the stuff like the M16 mag pouches.  The nomenclature inside the pouch would essentially flake off.  Also had it happen to canteen covers.  The US stamp was always fine though on the stuff.

Your local M1 Garand
4 hours ago, mohawkALSE said:

Not sure why but I started noticing the lighter color green pieces of ALICE gear in the late 90s and into the early 2000s and beyond.  The stamps weren't that great I noticed on some of the stuff like the M16 mag pouches.  The nomenclature inside the pouch would essentially flake off.  Also had it happen to canteen covers.  The US stamp was always fine though on the stuff.

I thinks one of the reasons they changed would of been that the military wanted to test out the new printing on gear, overall, it does not fade, but it could flake like you said.

• 6 months later...
CodyTheGulfWarAirsofter

pre 1992 would be the darker one. bright is the newer one. we switches materials n such around 1992, those new pouches really saw use in the late 90s and early 2000s

For whatever reason the color spec changed from OD/Olive Drab to Camo Green 483, that green with the bluish shade to it sometime in the late 1990s that was used in the later TLBV then MOLLE II Gear.