WWII Seabee Combat Impression

USMC_COLLECTOR

I'm impressed with your desire to be as historically accurate as possible, and keeping this in mind, I would offer the following critiques for you to consider.

For starters, I would tell you that in most places in the Pacific, it would have been WAY too hot for the Sea Bee to be wearing both a chambray shirt and the HBT shirt on top of it. You will see period photos of the blue chambray shirt worn with HBT trousers. I'd tell you to wear one or the other. 

When you are wearing your shirt open like you are, I would expect to see dog tags. You could be standing around naked and I would expect to see dog tags around your neck.

Going back to the heat of the Pacific and amphibious assault, you wouldn't be wearing your trousers tucked into your leggins. The pants cuffs would be worn over the leggins and the bottom of the cuffs would be rolled above the ankle. HBT material will hold a great deal of water and the leggins will keep the water in next to the skin adding weight to what you were having to drag ashore. 

My two cents,

Allan

I agree 100% with Allan on his critique of your Sea Bee impression.  Lose the HBT top and untuck and roll your trousers.  Almost all pics in the Pacific show all Marines, Army, Navy personnel wearing their pants rolled up even up above their boots/shoes.  Hot, and they did whatever they could to be as comfortable as possible, even though they couldn't ever get cool with the heat and humidity that followed them through the Island Hopping campaigns through the PTO theater.

USMC_COLLECTOR

Love the critiques! I noticed it was pretty hot, so definitely just the chambray shirt. Also will untuck the pants. Will get some dog tags. Thanks a lot I love to learn!

5 hours ago, Allan H. said:

I'm impressed with your desire to be as historically accurate as possible, and keeping this in mind, I would offer the following critiques for you to consider.

For starters, I would tell you that in most places in the Pacific, it would have been WAY too hot for the Sea Bee to be wearing both a chambray shirt and the HBT shirt on top of it. You will see period photos of the blue chambray shirt worn with HBT trousers. I'd tell you to wear one or the other. 

When you are wearing your shirt open like you are, I would expect to see dog tags. You could be standing around naked and I would expect to see dog tags around your neck.

Going back to the heat of the Pacific and amphibious assault, you wouldn't be wearing your trousers tucked into your leggins. The pants cuffs would be worn over the leggins and the bottom of the cuffs would be rolled above the ankle. HBT material will hold a great deal of water and the leggins will keep the water in next to the skin adding weight to what you were having to drag ashore. 

My two cents,

Allan

2 hours ago, Brian Dentino said:

I agree 100% with Allan on his critique of your Sea Bee impression.  Lose the HBT top and untuck and roll your trousers.  Almost all pics in the Pacific show all Marines, Army, Navy personnel wearing their pants rolled up even up above their boots/shoes.  Hot, and they did whatever they could to be as comfortable as possible, even though they couldn't ever get cool with the heat and humidity that followed them through the Island Hopping campaigns through the PTO theater.