Formal pattern AH demitasse fork bringback

danimal03

hello,

Here is a special AH demitasse-sized formal pattern AH fork.  This fork was part of the famous Bill Shea discovered cache brought back by Adler Muller of the 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne Division.  The cache was liberated at the Eagles Nest.  Apparently, the troops found a hidden compartment of AH silverware and divided up the group I think between five paratroopers.   

If memory serves me correctly, this cache went to auction direct from Mr. Muller himself circa 2009 and was facilitated by Bill.  Mr. Muller wanted to raise money to replace the church steeple for his local church if memory serves me correctly.  He donated all proceeds to this cause.  A noble man for sure.

When these were sold, Bill included a special binder with copies of photos Mr. Adler took and included pictures at the East Nest.  This fork came with that special binder. I just don't have it in front of me. 

I put the fork on display with a picture of the Eagle's Nest I took when I was there in 1996.  I also put on display a photo of Mr. Muller himself in his uniform.  Plus, I added a period 'salty' period 101st patch for the display.  Uniform removed.  Still has the thread from where it was sewn on.  This is how I like my relics/artifacts.  The patch was actually used and not in mint condition.

Mixed in the background are dug pieces of the camouflage used to cover the Berghof to enhance the display.  

I could have put this under the 'display' section but went ahead and put it under the 'spoils of war' category as we know who brought this back, Adler J. Muller. 

I believe he passed away just a couple of years after he made his noble donation.  RIP Mr. Muller.  Thank you for your service.   Your fork represents your service and your sacrifice you made in defense of this country.  

IMG_1362.JPG

IMG_1332.JPG

IMG_1348.JPG

IMG_1338.JPG

IMG_1349.JPG

USCapturephotos

I used to own a piece of that cache myself and wish that I still did. You were correct in what Mr. Muller did with the money from the sale of the silverware. It would have been great to have met him.

Paul