280th Combat Engineer Battalion

GI 44

I've been trying to find info on the 280th Combat Engineer Battalion. I'm aware that they fought through Normandy, France and the Bulge. But aside from that I've found very little info. I'm particularly trying to find which unit or units they were attached to in Normandy and the route the followed and the actions they saw there.

If anyone has any info it would be grately appreciated.

Cheers

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

You also can look through the archival holdings of the University of Tennessee Special Collections Library (http://www.lib.utk.edu/spcoll/). You can contact Elizabeth Dunham ([email protected]) and let her know Tim Sellati sent you. I was able to obtain a wealth of information (150+ pages of unit history on the 1104th Engineer Combat Group) in the form of Xeroxed copies of their holdings.

I hope this helps.

Tim

You might try the Engineer Forum too.

Tell Marion my name, she'll try and help you.

Link: www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com

Erwin

Where is this Engineer Forum of which you speak? Is it here on the U.S. Militaria Forum (perhaps I missed it) or is it a separate website?

Tim

• 3 years later...
post-32632-0-70390800-1356829632.jpg I've checked the websites revealed here but can find little about the 1280th Engr © Bn. My uncle, John H. Campbell was with 'A' Co. It's possible that units of this Bn worked at the Remagen bridgehead. The information from the web is quite sparse. My uncle was killed May 20 1945 and is buried at the Luxembourg American Cemetery. Any information about this unit would be greatly appreciated.