VMF-214 Patch

eyedogtor

Hello all,

I'm new here, and appreciate having this group as a resource. I recently found a VMD-214 patch that was located in Paris, and picked it up because it was being offered at a reasonable price and I was curious. 

I'm not sure if this is some sort of commiserative patch, reproduction, etc.? I know it is not an official uniform patch.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts,

Pat

VMF-214 - BACK.jpg

VMF-214-FRONT.jpg

Hello and welcome to the forum. Your patch strikes me as a reproduction. The black embroidery at the top seems really sparse and just barely covers the white base material, but the biggest telltale sign though is how dirty or stained the back is while the front is relatively clean. Many reproductions I see seem to share this same trait of having very dirty looking backsides.

1 hour ago, Siamundo said:

Hello and welcome to the forum. Your patch strikes me as a reproduction. The black embroidery at the top seems really sparse and just barely covers the white base material, but the biggest telltale sign though is how dirty or stained the back is while the front is relatively clean. Many reproductions I see seem to share this same trait of having very dirty looking backsides.

Hello Siamundo,

Thanks very much for the info, I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to respond!

Pat