Correct summer and winter uniforms

LIFER

I got a grouping/collection of sailor uniforms. The sailor was active during the Vietnam war. The whites are cotton. the blues are wool, with the pants having the thirteen buttons. I want to confirm that the blues, being winter, will be wool. But for the 1960's-70's still using buttons, was this still being used, and until what date. Possibly having him in a lot earlier. 

Also, the only thing that I did not get was the shoes/boots. Were both used? If so when? The boots being the low cut ankle ones.

• 4 weeks later...

The blues were a melton wool.  The trousers had the 13 buttons up till the cracker jack uniforms were discontinued in 1975.  They came back in the mid 1980s, still wool, but different type of material.

For general wear, black shoes were worn with all uniforms.  They did have an ankle boot, "boondockers", but those were generally for work wear.

On 10/22/2021 at 8:04 PM, 29navy said:

The blues were a melton wool.  The trousers had the 13 buttons up till the cracker jack uniforms were discontinued in 1975.  They came back in the mid 1980s, still wool, but different type of material.

For general wear, black shoes were worn with all uniforms.  They did have an ankle boot, "boondockers", but those were generally for work wear.

Hi,

Thanks for confirming.