Rebuilt M1 mixmaster

Dogface72

I was trying to get an $ idea on this rifle, and thoughts appreciated, it is a mix master all Springfield with newer sights,  repro stock, good condition and does not appear to have been fired since rebuild. No delusions I have had it 10 years but I have no idea what type of market exists.  If it were original, I would think it would be valuable, it is not.  I would like to know if the metal finish dates back to the 60's or if it is newer.  I don't think is was done in the last 20 years, but I have no clue.

One (1) M1 Garand Springfield .30 Cal.

S/N 855XXX (Receiver dated to September 1942)

Barrel date 4-1944. Rock River Arsenal Rebuild 1964.

WWII Boyt sling

IMG_8186.jpg

IMG_8187.jpg

IMG_8188.jpg

IMG_8189.JPG

IMG_8190.jpg

IMG_8191.jpg

IMG_8192.jpg

IMG_8193.jpg

$600.00 - $1,200.00. Depends on originality or time period correctness of the patina and all the parts, import stamp or not, proofing marks/stamps on the wood and of course, the condition of  the wood. Hope this helps some.

Chuck.

Thanks, no import marks.  I don't have a gauge, but appears well worn....  Maybe a rebuilt CMP rifle, not sure if you can still pay to have them check the S/N 

IMG_8202.JPG.a23a38581902ef97958001663f8db27a.JPG

22 hours ago, Dogface72 said:

Maybe a rebuilt CMP rifle, not sure if you can still pay to have them check the S/N 

You can, I believe it costs $25. 

On 6/28/2021 at 3:13 PM, Dogface72 said:

Thanks, no import marks.  I don't have a gauge, but appears well worn....  Maybe a rebuilt CMP rifle, not sure if you can still pay to have them check the S/N 

IMG_8202.JPG.a23a38581902ef97958001663f8db27a.JPG

Not too bad

Muzzle is not worn from the picture. If not import marked and bore is not pitted its easily a $1000 rifle in todays market.

These rifles are going up in value like anything with inflation. I haven't been too a show anywhere and seen a Garand on a table like this for less than $1200. usually around $1500. asking price. JMO

Brian Dentino

I would concur with everyone's posts so far.....this is a $1200-$1500 rifle all day long these days.  Glad I picked up mine several years ago for what I thought was a steep price of $600!  This one looks like a nice shooter, and as far as being a "mixmaster" that is no big deal as 99.9% of them are because of their service lives and use.

22 minutes ago, Brian Dentino said:

I would concur with everyone's posts so far.....this is a $1200-$1500 rifle all day long these days.  Glad I picked up mine several years ago for what I thought was a steep price of $600!  This one looks like a nice shooter, and as far as being a "mixmaster" that is no big deal as 99.9% of them are because of their service lives and use.

Well said Brian on Mixmasters! And man, $600... good old days  :D 

On 6/26/2021 at 2:45 PM, Dogface72 said:

Upon closer look the sling is marked "Milsco"? 1944 can't read it so well.

Milsco is right, a nice bonus with the rifle.

Brian Dentino

Can you take a picture of the metal clasps on the sling?  If it is original 1944 Milsco then it is in GREAT shape.  

1903 Mark I Springfield

1196XXX S/N and a 11-20 barrel date.

I think this one is more original. This was purchased (not by me, but I have the cert.) thru the CMP 2009.  Best I can tell it was rebuilt at least 1 time, probably more.  I think the SN is in line with the barrel date.  Not as popular as the M1. Any idea if this rifle is appreciating? Another Milsco 44 sling.

IMG_8224.JPG

IMG_8226.JPG

IMG_8227.JPG

IMG_8228.JPG

IMG_8229.JPG

IMG_8225.JPG

IMG_8221.JPG

IMG_8222.JPG

Slings are marked Milsco 1944 at each clasp.  These slings came out of a WWI vet's basement.  He had them on 1917 Enfields, that I believe were purchased thru the DCM back in the 50's or 60's. I have to assume they are original WWII slings.

IMG_8230.JPG

IMG_8231.JPG

IMG_8232.JPG

IMG_8233.JPG

IMG_8234.JPG

Slings are marked Milsco 1944 at each clasp.  These slings came out of a WWI vet's basement.  He had them on 1917 Enfields, that I believe were purchased thru the DCM back in the 50's or 60's. I have to assume they are original WWII slings.  I'm sure someone may think the lighter colored sling is a repro, it is not they are identical. The darker one was lightly used, the other possibly unissued.  The vet passed away years ago and his daughter was living in the house until she went to assisted living (she never married)  The daughter appointed a family friend to empty the house when they were located.  The daughter (90 years old) and the family friend (70 year of age) said no one was near this stuff for 40-50 years, therefore I concluded they are not repro.  Additionally, the metal has the same patina.  I would think the slings are worth $100.00 a piece.

17 hours ago, Dogface72 said:

Slings are marked Milsco 1944 at each clasp.  These slings came out of a WWI vet's basement.  He had them on 1917 Enfields, that I believe were purchased thru the DCM back in the 50's or 60's. I have to assume they are original WWII slings.  I'm sure someone may think the lighter colored sling is a repro, it is not they are identical. The darker one was lightly used, the other possibly unissued.  The vet passed away years ago and his daughter was living in the house until she went to assisted living (she never married)  The daughter appointed a family friend to empty the house when they were located.  The daughter (90 years old) and the family friend (70 year of age) said no one was near this stuff for 40-50 years, therefore I concluded they are not repro.  Additionally, the metal has the same patina.  I would think the slings are worth $100.00 a piece.

Collectors would really go crazy for those if they were marked Boyt....I paid $150 for my minty Milsco '44 a number of years ago....I would expect $150+ for yours....Bodes

Brian Dentino

Awesome slings as well.....great rig all around.  I would concur with Bodes, the slings alone would be $150+ at a show in that condition.  Very, very nice.