Hello everyone!

BoudoirCommando

BoudoirCommando

Good afternoon/morning guys,

Just wanted to quickly introduce myself as I'm very new here.

My name is Harvey and I'm from the UK, currently at university studying while working part time, which means that every so often I can indulge in my hobby; collecting militaria. I took a while out of collecting after starting at around 15, for maybe a year and a half or so, but now my passion has been reignited and I can't quite figure out why I ever stopped in the first place as I love it. I've always had a passion for history and have been fortunate enough to head across the channel to visit the battlefields of the First and Second World War many times, for example Ypres, the Somme, the Ardennes and Normandy to name a few, as well as visiting the Dachau and Sachsenhausen Konzentrationslagers, all before the age of 18. To be able to visit all these places at such an early stage in life is a real honour, and to pay my respects to the fallen in each area is a sobering, yet necessary and important, experience.

Until now my collecting interests have really varied, and in all honesty I believe they will continue to do so, but whereas previously I would buy for the sake of it at times, I am now focusing on items I have a greater passion and interest in, regardless of what category they fit in to. A bit of variation never hurt anyone I don't think :P I've attached a few photos of items in my collection at the moment, since starting it has ebbed and flowed in terms of size. I'll post a few more pics at a later date as currently in the process of getting some alternate displaying methods for deact weapons (from the UK) as well as a small cabinet for headgear. I'm quite active on the WRF in the TR Helmet section as it's an area I'm interested in and wanting to learn more about, as well as other TR and Imperial items, but US items are also an area I'm interested in and so a friend recommended this forum as a good place to learn about US Militaria, as it is an area I'd like to start collecting in also.

Got a few reference books on my list that'll help me learn about US Militaria which I hope I can pick up soon and start learning ASAP, but working only part time while at Uni doesn't leave too much disposable, so slow and steady will win this race, which I don't mind really. Next year I'm hoping to come over for the Show of Shows and currently whatever money I can save is going towards the fund for that. I've got a birthday coming up which will add a bit to it, and luckily it's still a year away, so plenty of time to save and learn.

That was a pretty long "quickly" introduction, so I'll stop now, but just wanted to say it's great to be here,

Kindest regards

Harvey

BoudoirCommando

Apologies for having to put these photos in different replies, I was struggling to get the hang of the attach files option. I think I've got the hang of it now and I'll make sure I do before posting again :)

Old Crow 1986

Welcome Harvey!

I'm new here myself but don't be shy about jumping in and contributing. It's a great group of folks that collectively know more about the various forms and branches of militaria than any other group on the planet. I'm an aviation guy but I've picked up more knowledge about helmets, medals, field gear, etc just lurking in the forums than I ever imagined was possible.

post-5418-0-41660100-1584478355_thumb.jpgWelcome aboard! Here's a photo you might appreciate - it's of a flight jacket my son acquired 4 years ago.

BoudoirCommando

Hello guys, really appreciate the warm welcome, feels great :) I can't wait to start learning here and will hopefully have items to share here soon enough.

Thank you for the ID Ed, I remembered it was a Ross but that was all, I found it while digging an old British Army dump in the UK with a metal detecting group, a few of the other finds are from the same dump. The rest of my items aren't pictured as they are all German or unrelated to US, hoping to change this soon though and be able to share here :)

Der Finn, that's a great flight jacket mate, what an item to have, thank you for showing it.

Finally, thank you Bill for telling me about this forum :D

Welcome aboard, your lucky to be able to visit those sites and dig great areas. You will find a vast amount of US knowledge here and should be able to get any questions answered. If you can make it to the show of shows, you won’t be disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoudoirCommando

Welcome aboard, your lucky to be able to visit those sites and dig great areas. You will find a vast amount of US knowledge here and should be able to get any questions answered. If you can make it to the show of shows, you won’t be disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's always very special to be able to visit the sites where our forefather's fought and fell, I try and go across as much as possible but have not been for a couple of years due to University, work, cost etc, hoping to go again this year though. I'm looking forward to utilising this forum in the future but also giving back too and help others learn. I'm making it my mission to get over for SoS.