Help with information - Belgium Leave Section WW2

mars&thunder

Anyone know of any information related to the Belgium Leave Section (also sometimes name is associated with Channel Base Section)? It was located in Brussels and GI's went there on R&R in 1945 (and other years?). Trying to put a medal I have for service at this location/duty in context and I can't find anything more than a few sentences on it. There must be some account that describes the history of this organization. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks aznation. I've seen your replies in many threads and you clearly are somebody who loves to do research and share what you've found out. As a fellow research junkie, I appreciate the time you put into that work. This is the kind of contribution that makes this forum such a great place.

• 3 years later...
VD_poster_collector

I recently purchased this small flyer/poster off of Ebay. I googled Belgium Leave Section/Channel Base Section to try and find out a little bit more and came across this thread (I'm a little late to the party but there may still be some information here of interest to you). I was interested in the item from the perspective of the Pro stations mentioned at the bottom. The rest of the item has some nice detailed information about some of the options the soldiers on leave would have. 

Belgium Leave Section Pro Station.jpg