Sad Veteran's story

captaxe

Thanks Captaxe. I am in for it and 1.00 aint what I am sending! Think I can sqeeezzee another 0 in to that figure (on the left end of the decimal.) Thank you for showing this

This is a sad story and I will also be contributing more than $1.00. I'm just surprised that ebay hasn't yanked the listing since I thought their policy was that a seller had to be selling some kind of tangible product or service. Maybe they've changed their policies? Either way...I hope they don't hassle this guy and pull it.

Rocket-

You are right.

Here's what he states at the bottom of his auction description:

I have just learned that due to ebay policies i must state that in this auction you are purchasing a christmas card from me and pictures. Sorry about that. And thank you again.

CJD is the human version of mad cow disease. Its present in Afghanistan and the Middle East, you have to eat something from an infected animal to get it; more reason to NEVER eat anything that isnt US issue. He says 9-12 months to live, from what I know it usually sneaks up on people and by the time they figure out what it is they are deathly ill and dont last long. Also, his disability pay from the VA wouldnt be based on his rank and time in service, but on his % of disability.

FightenIrish35

Truely heart touching...I dont have an ebay account ,but my father does and when he gets home were going to do our part. Can all you who are reading this do your part for this family. ermm.gif

Truely heart touching...I dont have an ebay account ,but my father does and when he gets home were going to do our part. Can all you who are reading this do your part for this family. ermm.gif

Just sent $15.00!

Like FightenIrish said...lets try to help this family as much as possible. This will likely be their last Christmas with their father and it would be nice to make it extra special for them.

John

CJD is the human version of mad cow disease. Its present in Afghanistan and the Middle East, you have to eat something from an infected animal to get it; more reason to NEVER eat anything that isnt US issue.

the problem with that is sometimes you have to do it or risk insulting those who you're conducting conferences with. I was fortunate enough not to have to eat it, but my Staff NCO and Officer were once offered goat and fish and consumed it. I don't think they've stumbled upon any problems. This was Iraq, however, not Afghanistan, and I'm not sure how much this disease is present there

I gave 10.00, what he has is not good. It will add up to give him a happy Xmas that dreams are made of if others can help thumbsup.gif ...Admin can you help by listing it somehow?

the problem with that is sometimes you have to do it or risk insulting those who you're conducting conferences with. I was fortunate enough not to have to eat it, but my Staff NCO and Officer were once offered goat and fish and consumed it. I don't think they've stumbled upon any problems. This was Iraq, however, not Afghanistan, and I'm not sure how much this disease is present there

On my early site inspection trips into Eastern Turkey along the Iraqi and Syrian borders prior to OIF we were in the same situation. I ended up with amoebic dysentery and was sick for well over a month. On later trips I wouldnt eat or drink anything, talked my way out of it, and was fine. Problem with CJD is it could kill you in a year or sit dormant and kill you 40 years later.