113th Cavalry-The Red Horse

doyler

Wanted to post my grouping/collection of 113th items.The Dis are all WW2 variations(post or pinback)except one which is the current clutch back that is worn by the unit.There is a single officers 113th crossed sabres and an enlisted disc with sabres an Company F letter.Also a pre war belt buckle for the 113th.

I am very intrested buy/trading for other 113th items.Thanks for looking

RON

post-342-1227680522.jpg

You got that belt buckle from Ebay a couple of weeks ago, didn't you?

I collect 113th CG items too but, unfortunately, I don't have any items at this moment (except for a nice little DI). My hometown was liberated by the 113th CG, my grandfather still remembers their jeeps rolling down the street. 113th CG uniforms are hard to find, aren't they? I have only seen two on Ebay so far.

*edit*: forgot to mention that I have the unit history book too.

Nice stuff Ron, even if it is all fake! w00t.gif

Just kidding!

I at one time had a uniform shirt with that identical German made bevo patch, but sold it several years ago. Is there any other patch besides that bevo one? I have seen others in addition to mine and the ones you have posted here, but always bevo and nothing else.

Anything from the 113th is hard stuff to find! I would think that with it being Iowa National Guard more of it would pop up here in the Midwest, but that sure does not seem to have been the case!

MW

Nice stuff Ron, even if it is all fake! w00t.gif

Just kidding!

I at one time had a uniform shirt with that identical German made bevo patch, but sold it several years ago. Is there any other patch besides that bevo one? I have seen others in addition to mine and the ones you have posted here, but always bevo and nothing else.

Anything from the 113th is hard stuff to find! I would think that with it being Iowa National Guard more of it would pop up here in the Midwest, but that sure does not seem to have been the case!

MW

Thanks Mike!!!

I WILL POST A UNIFORM GROUP I GOT FROM THE TRUNK NAZI.GOT A LOT OF PAPER WITH IT BUT NOT HIS PURPLE HEART.GLAD HIS SON HAD INTREST IN THAT ITEM.THE GUY WAS PRE WAR 113 CAV IN THE GUARD AND THEN A HALF TRACK DRIVER.

AS FAR AS I KNOW THE PATCHES WERE ONLY MADE OVERSEAS.I HAVE SEEN PICS FROM A LOCAL VET AT WARS END WITH THE RED HORSE PATCH ON THE IKES AND NO COLLAR DISCS.ALL APPEARED TO BE IN CAMP OR GARRISON.

RON

I collect 113th CG items too but, unfortunately, I don't have any items at this moment (except for a nice little DI). My hometown was liberated by the 113th CG, my grandfather still remembers their jeeps rolling down the street. 113th CG uniforms are hard to find, aren't they? I have only seen two on Ebay so far.

All from a friend!!!

No matter what Mike says I have a couple :lol:

RON

Hello Gilles,

Thanks for looking at my stuff.To answer the question I didnt get the buckle from ebay.I guess I missed that one pinch.gif This all was a friends collection that he put together.I believe he got the buckle at a ASMIC convention 5-6 years ago.He had sold the items to me prior to his passing away in 2006.

RON

As far as I know, the 113th did not have a US Army issued patch so I guess most (if not all) 113th patches are bevo made.

They were also Japanese-made, c. 1946-48. Have seen fully embroidered example, unsure if finer Japanese-made examples, e.g., bullion or silk, exist. Do not have an example in my collection.

B4 U ask, there were insignia manufacturers (tailors, really) in both Occupied Germany and Occupied Japan who made patches for units w/ service in the OTHER theaters of operation.

They were also Japanese-made, c. 1946-48. Have seen fully embroidered example, unsure if finer Japanese-made examples, e.g., bullion or silk, exist. Do not have an example in my collection.

B4 U ask, there were insignia manufacturers (tailors, really) in both Occupied Germany and Occupied Japan who made patches for units w/ service in the OTHER theaters of operation.

Interesting, didn't know that. So the Japan made patches were made of a finer tissue?

@ Bones: nice patina on those DI's!

As treadhead stated there are Japanes made versions.I had heard of a bullion made one also, but have yet to see it that was made in Japan during the occupation.

Bones:nice set of DIs.They look like a nice early /pre war set.They appear in my 1938 Iowa guard book.

Dwight:Thanks for sharing the purple heart.To me the 113th ones rank up there in the rare scale.

RON

Interesting, didn't know that. So the Japan made patches were made of a finer tissue?

@ Bones: nice patina on those DI's!

The early fully embroidered Japanese-made patches were very crude in that they were thickly made; as with most fully emb patches, the embroidery ran in different directions.

By "finer", I mean those pieces that are works of embrodiery art. Those that are silk made tend to have more details in the design, and are visually more attractive. Bullion speaks for itself.

Good info on the patches - the Japanese making them is interesting, but does make sense.

Dwight, if you don't have the info on your man who was KIA with the 113th, let me know and I'll scan it out of the unit history and email it to you.

MW