Mrs. Shrapneldude's Animal Patch Collection

shrapneldude

post-1424-1289268764.jpg

post-1424-1289268769.jpgpost-1424-1289268774.jpg

This is one of the neater things she's picked up. A big piece of felt with Navy and Army insignia. The crow is a WWI style I think, so maybe this is a Navy dad and two Army sons?

That's all for tonight. I'll post more photos some other time. We both thank you for looking. :thumbsup:

Just for the ID, I think the Rating badge in the center (Ships Cook Second Class), is coast Guard. I say that because the two shield patches are Coast Guard. The white stripe is the Seaman stripe that was worn around the right shoulder of the blue jumpers by both Navy and Coast Guard.

Great colection.

Steve Hesson

Ahh, the patch equivalent of critter labels on wine bottles. :D I always pick up US patches with kangaroos on them when I can. Here's a few more she can keep her eyes peeled for.

KSC034.jpg

KSC035.jpg

post-2104-1289883941.jpg

Navy Amphib "Gators.

Steve Hesson

You know...I have about 6 of these patches in my collection and I've never noticed that the gator is spitting out tanks. For some reason, I always just thought they were fireballs or something and never really looked closely at them. :lol:

:thumbsup: Thanks for posting some of yours!

Patchcollector

It's great to see a wife so involved in our patch passion! :D I am thinking about starting a Snoopy collection,

as I have seen more than a few patches made with him on it,especially Vietnam era stuff,where he was very popular.

• 1 month later...

Thank goodness we have photographic evidence the Hellfish was worn in combat.

(It actually may end up gettigng worn in Afghanistan).

But this remins me of how some people collect ancient coins. There are so many of them, and almost no way of getting "a complete run." So people sometimes collect "all animals" or "all buildings" or something like that. Interesting way of looking at things.