Tank engine

dzandkw

Probably the longest shot any one in the world know where i can get a ford tank engine ga-8. Looks like this one in the picture. Like i said just a long shot

post-4283-1224000508.jpg

post-4283-1224000514.jpg

General Apathy

post-344-1224023801.jpg

I'm sure I'm not the only person here curious what you are building? think.gif

best of luck on the search.

Hi Meatcan, I would say that it is a Ford GA-8 tank engine used in the Sherman tank, however due to it's light weight and high power output it could be for a tank rebuild or maybe heading for a custom car. ?????

Cheers ( Lewis )

yea i have yet to find any leads on getting one it semms like you either have one or you have many so inbetween and of course people dont sell then very often. if you like that you guys look at this

yea i have yet to find any leads on getting one it semms like you either have one or you have many so inbetween and of course people dont sell then very often. if you like that you guys look at this

DAM! 3000 hp, 10 years to build, about 1million to build! wow.... w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif

if i had a tank engine i would slap it in a tank, who needs insane amounts of power when you can leave a wake of destruction behind you lol,

but that V12 merlin with 3000HP though wow, it looked like he was just tapping the accelerator every now and then and it was just idling, would never be a good getaway car though, "quick we have the cash lets go.... hold on ive just got to open the oil tank switch the magneto and....." lol

I'm curious... I am sure you'll get a lot of torque out of this, but wouldn't the weight be a disadvantage? You will probably be able to tow a locomotive with this thing, but what kind of speed are you expecting? And what does this do to the front end handling, suspension, etc?

Still, an interesting concept!