WWII marine uniform

jamessnow88

That's a nice find indeed James! The jackets are hard to find in minty condition... at least in my case.

Sweet 42's Owen. I love that golden tan base colored stuff. Been looking for a set with that golden base color for a while.

Thanks, S.F.! Them '42s in nice shape aren't just extreme to find in your experience. It is the same in everybody's

boat :wacko: Even finding one in rough condition is an accomplishment!

Believe it or not, the Coat at the right was made in identical dye shades as the Trousers below it- it's just been through the wash more than the pants.

I'm in full agreement with you on the early camo shades, though. The first '42 Suit I was ever blessed with (below) is, I think, a

perfect example of what you're talking about. And it wasn't laundered as much as the other one was, either.

post-3226-0-86155500-1490572094_thumb.jpg

That's really a killer example of a very rare Coat (said it before, but it can't be said enough).

It looks actually identical in every respect to the most recent one around here, right down to the different dye batches used

in the collar and breast pocket.

Now all you've gotta do is find the Trousers!

post-3226-0-59481800-1490579298_thumb.jpg

jamessnow88

That's really a killer example of a very rare Coat (said it before, but it can't be said enough).

It looks actually identical in every respect to the most recent one around here, right down to the different dye batches used

in the collar and breast pocket.

Now all you've gotta do is find the Trousers!

Thanks, I really appreciate it. I buy anything i come across that is a military item I have never seen before. At the very least if I don't collect it, I can at least find someone who will appreciate it. I used to volunteer at a local military museum. If this was an Army uniform I would have donated it, but they are a national guard museum, and this item would just sit on a rack unappreciated in a storage room. whats the best way to keep one of these shirts preserved?

Keeping it in a decent indoor climate is the main thing. And if you decide to hang it up, don't use wire or wooden hangers (I just recently learned what wood hangers can do over a period of time).

And don't ever put it into a washing machine!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Schnicklfritz

another quick shot... I like how most P42's I've seen have the various panels, sleeves and other parts made from different dye lots of cloth. Pretty neet. Not that spotting a repro is hard when you see the camo, but it is one of the things that stand out when looking at originals. Thanks again James!

post-115-0-63756900-1492459634_thumb.jpg

PeleliuMarine1944

another quick shot... I like how most P42's I've seen have the various panels, sleeves and other parts made from different dye lots of cloth. Pretty neet. Not that spotting a repro is hard when you see the camo, but it is one of the things that stand out when looking at originals. Thanks again James!

Oh wow!!! That jacket fits like a glove with the pants!! Great score.