UDT-Seal 'cleaning team?

lamarhooten

Friend has this patch that is part of UDT-Seal collection he got from old UDT man himself. No one now knows what it might be for! A novelty patch made to give a UDT member on light duty orpost-3643-0-14900200-1473744762_thumb.jpg such? From the late 50s to early 60s time frame.

I believe that this patch is more 1980s made in the Philippines for a former collector/dealer of UDT/Seal Team insignia by the name of Tom Clinton. I hope you don't mind if I post a better photo of this patch which I bought from Tom Clinton along with other UDT and Seal Team insignia he had manufactured in the Philippines. I have no idea what Freddy the Frog is doing in this patch but I bought it because Tom Clinton was supposedly supplying the teams with his insignia as I saw and purchased some US made Seal Team 4 patches that his Asian made Seal Team 4 patches replaced. Another novelty patch that he was selling had Freddy the Frog holding a machine gun inside of a glass vial smoking a cigar with the wording "In Case of War Break Glass".

post-1389-0-62017100-1473745859.jpg

post-1389-0-86539000-1473745877.jpg

Just found out that yes, this came from Tom Clinton. Old veteran who got this mentioned some great stories about Tom but would not go into detail but added that he is dead now. No real reason for the patch besides to sell he mentioned.