Any Idea On This One

Bill Scott

Patchcollector

"TC" usually stands for "Troop Carrier",but I didnt find a 404th Troop Carrier.Will keep looking.

Patchcollector

Here's some info I found on the "Military.com." site regarding the 404th Transportation Company.It appears that they were in the Pacific AO so that may explain the Asian influences on the patch.

History
from 404TH &412TH TRANSPORTATION CO's RO/RO

Jun
RO/RO The US Army at sea
RO/RO (roll on roll off) was a spin off of the 404th & the 412th transportation Co's. The unit was made up of approx 60-80 personal headed up by LTC Harold Wetzler. The purpose of the unit was to transport vital supplies to Vietnam from Okinawa which was a major supply depot during the Vietnam War. Trailers would be loaded on to ships via a Walters tractor. Sense their were only a handful of GI's that were trained to operate these tractors they would sail with the ship to unload in Nam. The ships were the SS Transglobe, USNS Comet, USNS SeaLift, and the USNS Tarus. Ports of call were Saigon, Cam Rahn Bay, Danang and late in the operation Sattahip Thailand. The unit also had personal stationed in Vietnam (TDY) to distribute the trailers once they were in country. One day we were picked up by a navy launch in Okinawa and a seaman told me he hade been in the Navy for five years and had never been on a ship. "Now I pick up the Army off a ship, I just don't understand." Yes it was good duty, but the best part were the men that I worked with and the bond that was made. Bob Gill
Posted by Robert Gill

ocsfollowme

A candle with no ends or two wicks means speed is of the importance for this unit.

Can anyone get a translation for the top part?

The snake and candle looks like the typical viking ship that you see on patches.

I put in 404th Trans Company and got nothing.You guys and girls never cease to amaze me with your research ability.Scotty

A candle with no ends or two wicks means speed is of the importance for this unit.

Can anyone get a translation for the top part?

The snake and candle looks like the typical viking ship that you see on patches.

I believe it says Ikimashiou translated to Lets Go.