Firestone Liner

stepdale

Hello,

I got this recently from the son of a WW2 veteran. It appears to be all WW2 and in good shape except one of the A fasteners has broken off from the liner. I just wanted to run it by the experts here to tell me their thoughts as I primarily collect German items.

Thank you,

Dale

post-99416-0-47815000-1454123321.jpg

post-99416-0-86157000-1454123347.jpg

post-99416-0-70549100-1454123372.jpg

Also, the A washer can be repaired, if you choose to do so. If it were mine, I would just put a very small drop of mild glue behind it, just to keep it in place. Something like elmers white glue...nothing with fumes or flammable properties.

Or, keep it the way you found it! It's pretty nice as-is!

Thanks Morlok. I'm not sure yet what I'll end up doing with it. I sold almost all of my US items many years ago and don't know if my bank account and my wife will let me go back to it - she already has enough of my German stuff filling up the house.

Thanks guys! The sweatband web strap is marked but I can't quite make it all out. It has a date but all I can make out is 194 but unfortunately not the last number. The A washer is still present, just broken where it goes through the liner, but I would think to replace it would require removing the rivet head from the outside of the liner. I don't plan to attempt any repairs.

Dale