Need Help Identifying Home Front A.A.A.T.C. AA Son In service 2 Piece Pin

KumaKuma

I recently acquired this son in service 2 piece home front pin and am having a heck of a time figuring out the significance of it. It's enameled sterling silver and hallmarked as such. The primary pin has the initials A.A.A.T.C on the top of it and AA centered in the middle. I've spent hours on the net searching the components of the initials and keep coming up empty. I'm hoping one of you folks can give me some insight as to the meaning of the lettering on the pin. I won't bore you with all of the guesses I've made. Looking forward to seeing what you have to enlighten me with.The lettered pin is right at 15mm tall. Made by Whitemore & Co., Attlesboro, MA. See attached pics. Thanks for any assistance you can provide.post-151710-0-39340700-1453577963.jpgpost-151710-0-98171900-1453577976.jpgpost-151710-0-88501600-1453577989.jpg

I believe AAATC is Anti Aircraft Artillery Training Center, and the enameled AA patch in the center is for the US Army Anti Aircraft Command.

Nice pin!

Scott C.,

Thank you for the input. Actually that was one of my guesses but when I could not find another pin like it on google images I figured I was barking up the wrong tree. I still don't see another one like it anywhere for comparison or verification but I'm more than sure you have nailed it. Must not have been to many of these made it home to Mother's of those fellows who went through the training program. Well, I thank you again, very kind of you to help me out.

Regards,

KumaKuma

I would agree with the ID on it. First one that I have seen though I do not keep my eyes out for sweetheart jewelry but I have seen a lot. Nice little find. I bet a gal was excited to receive this! And a Soldier was excited to give it!