A Long 5+ Years Waiting...A 417th/76th Regimental Souvenir Poster!

carbinephalen

carbinephalen

I have been searching for this poster for roughly 5+ years. It was published in Germany while the 2nd Battalion of the 417th was on occupation duties after hostilities ended in June of 1945. It details the path the 417th took through the ETO and has quite a few funny caricatures of the veterans and also of the Germans. The wait was worth it for this one! Not attributed to a veteran but it was a must have for my collection. With this addition, only ONE piece of 76th literature remains unaccounted for. The lost booklet's title is "The First Battalion, 417th Infantry Regiment, 76th Infantry Division" and it was published before they shipped overseas at Camp McCoy. If anybody has this booklet please PM me on here. I would give almost anything to own it.

Thanks for looking!

IMG_1581.JPG

IMG_1582.JPG

Government Issue

I love the pic of the GI bayonetting the German in the rump screaming that he wants his P38! Ahaha that is absolutley great! :lol:

Can you post some pics of the individual drawings? I want to see a close up of the Heinie getting a sharp poke in his heinie! :P

This made my night.

Government Issue

Thank you for the individual pics! In my opinion, the five years was well worth the wait. Excellent poster.

• 11 months later...
  • 5 years later...