509TH Fighter patch

Legion

Picked this up years ago always wondered if it was good bad or ugly? Any thought thanks in advance! jason

post-3204-0-16614700-1432234818.jpg

Bill Scott

To me it looks good but Korean War or later.Scotty

firefighter

I'm on the fence.I thought this was the early 60's era design.The 509th sent F-106's to Vietnam in the early 60's.I have a plaque to a pilot from the SQ that served there.He was in Vietnam & Thailand with the 509th FIS.

vintageproductions

It looks like one of the bad pieces from Asia that were sold uncut a few years back on Ebay

The sellers did it with Army Aviation patches also

You beat me to it Bob. I was just going to add that. It looks like the ones you are talking about. I saved a few pictures of others. I will see if I can find them.

Mitch

Most certainly bad. The FIS was found in Japan, Thai, and RVN made versions, and nothing like this. Attached is a period RVN made one. They were a FIS late 50s to 1970.

Randy

post-8832-0-62921900-1432253098.jpg

Bill Scott

That's why this forum is so important I learn something new every day.Thanks guys Scotty

I second that Scotty. I remember when these hit E-bay. They sold well at first. I don't know what the thought process was at the time but the seller must have thought untrimmed ones sell better or were more interesting to people. Luckily they were not selling the area that I collect, but I did save several pics of these patches , trimmed and untrimmed. Here is another one from the group being sold.

Regards, Mitch

post-592-0-38719000-1432297686.jpg

Thanks everyone for the feedback not sure where i got this from more than likely a Flea market since i am a bottom feeder probably the most i spent was a couple of bucks...still good to know the origin..

Jason